Politicos - Arianna

"You're going on a date with Sirius Black?" Dorcas asked, sitting up in her bed.

"Don't be ridiculous!" I said with a snort. "All flirting aside, I'd be an idiot to date him- you know, given his reputation. He's helping me with astronomy, that's all. Now where is that darn telescope?" I muttered the last part to myself as I sifted through my trunk. It was after dinner, and we were in our dorm room. I was rummaging through my stuff, trying to get everything I needed for astronomy, while the girls interrogated me.

"I don't know." Alice said uncertainly. "It seems different with you."

"It only seems different because it's never taken him so long to shag up with a girl before." Lily said, wrinkling her nose in disgust. "I'm glad that Arianna's too sensible to fall for his bullshit."

"That I am." I affirmed. "He's not really the kinda guy I go for anyways. Aha!" I exclaimed, holding my telescope up for the girls to see.

Instead of lauding my finding skills, they only looked curious.

"What type of guys do you usually go for?" Dorcas prompted.

I huffed. Here I was practically a Hufflepuff, and all they seemed to care about was boys. "I don't know." I said, as I flung myself onto her bed. "I'm usually into shy nerds."

"Sirius is the opposite of both shy and nerd." Lily said with a snort.

"Exactly!" I said, pointing to her with my telescope.

"So we were more on point with Remus then, huh?" Dorcas teased. I laughed.

"Not Remus." I assured them. "For some reason he reminds me of Frank!"

"Don't worry, we'll find someone for you." Lily said with a sly smile, as if she already had a mental list of potential candidates. "Our first Hogsmeade visit is around the corner too."

"You do that." I said absentmindedly, as I got up and started throwing everything I needed into my bag.

"We'll make sure that you're drowning in boys by the end of the week." Dorcas said, teasingly.

"I'm leaving now!" I announced with a laugh, as I made my way towards the door. I was still smiling wide as I walked down the stairs and into the common room.

"Someone's in a good mood." Sirius said with a grin as he walked towards me, a bag slung over one shoulder. "Are you that excited about our time together?"

I rolled my eyes. "I was counting minutes till I could see you again." I said sarcastically. Sirius shook his head, smiling slightly.

"Remus told me you know the disillusionment charm." he said, looking at me for confirmation. I nodded. He made a go ahead gesture.

I silently tapped my wand against the crown of my head, and with a popping sound, I was invisible.

Taking advantage of my invisibility, I walked to the other side of him. "Your turn." I whispered in his ear, and watched in amusement as he jumped up with a squeak.

Grumbling to himself, he took his bag off his shoulder, and pulled out a silvery looking cloak out. My eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"Invisibility cloak?" I asked, thoroughly impressed. These guys are pros!

Sirius nodded. He whirled the cloak around dramatically and pulled it over himself. "There are a few available in Diagon Alley, didn't you know?" he asked idly. "Shall we?"

Silently, we made our way towards the door. Sirius pulled it open, and we stepped outside.

"Who's there?" the Fat Lady asked, her voice thick with sleep. "Who is it?" she asked again. We ignored her and silently walked out of the tower.