The British Way- Arianna

"Arianna!" exclaimed Fabian, the moment I reached Gryffindor Tower, the relief clear in his voice. "Thank Merlin, I-"

"Not now, Fabian!" I snapped. I would deal with him and his brother later. "Where are the girls?"

Fabian's eyes widened at my tone. "They were out looking for you, but now I think they're waiting for you back in your dorm."

Oh thank Merlin!

I turned to make my way towards the common room.

"Listen Arianna-"

I didn't wait for Fabian to complete his sentence, choosing to speed up instead, because with the adrenaline in my veins, and my anger towards the twins, I might have just punched him in the face if I had to listen to another word from him.

Instead, I used my adrenaline to climb up the staircase in record time.

"I just kissed Sirius Black!" I exclaimed, as I burst into the dorm room. What the hell had happened?

The girls looked back at me quizzically, before comprehension dawned on their faces.

They spent the next few minutes screeching and screaming stuff at me that I couldn't hope to understand.

I couldn't be sure, but it looked like Lily was pissed, Dorcas was ecstatic and Alice- well Alice didn't seem to know how she should react so she was screaming really confusedly.

"You kissed him?" asked Lily, disbelief written all over her features. I couldn't blame her. All this while I had done nothing but express contempt for the girls who fell for playboys and all of a sudden I was into him? I could understand where she was coming from.

"Well no. He kissed me." I admitted. "I just said that because I was panicking."

"Did you kiss back?" Alice inquired.

"Didn't really get the chance to. It was more of a peck really." I said, beginning to realize my gross overreaction to the situation.

"'Didn't really get the chance to'? So you did want to kiss him back!" Dorcas accused.

"Wait, no." I said, sounding unsure even to my own ears.

Did I?

The girls laughed.

"Girl, you've got it bad!" Dorcas said, in a fake American accent. I made a face at her.

"So, give us the details!" Alice prodded.

"Well, he found me after I ran away from here, and tried to comfort me. One moment we were talking about boggarts and our families, and I tried to assure him that he is nothing like his family, and the next, he just kissed me." I said, my eyebrows scrunching as I recounted our bizarre first kiss scenario.

Why would Sirius do that?

"Do you want to be in a relationship with him?" asked Alice.

"No....yes....I mean, I don't know!" I exclaimed. This was all so confusing!

"Sounds to me like you want to be in a relationship with him, but you're scared that he's going to lose interest in you, like he does with every other girl." said Dorcas, looking at me knowingly.

I stared at her wide eyed.

Get out of my soul, witch!

"That was pretty deep, Doctor Sigmund Fraud." I snarked, carefully making sure that I neither confirmed nor denied her statement.