The Muggle Invasion- Sirius

"Ah Prongs, I dearly await the day you'll get over Evans." Sirius sighed, patting his best friend on the back. James didn't seem to notice, his eyes following the redhead as she walked away from them briskly.

She didn't try to hex him this time though, so Sirius figured she must be in a good mood.

As soon as James registered what Sirius had said, he scowled at his best friend and smacked him over the head. "I will never get over Evans." he said her surname like a prayer. Sirius and Peter rolled their eyes. "Anyways, where's Moony?" James asked, in an attempt to draw attention away from his love life, or the lack of one really.

"He told us that he was going for prefect duty." said Peter.

"Which you would've heard, had you not been busy having imaginary babies with Evans." Sirius added and Peter laughed. James gave his friend a look, and his laughter was immediately silenced.

They walked towards their usual compartment in the train, chatting amongst themselves. Several people greeted them and the Marauders nodded in return. They had to stop several times though, as Sirius greeted one girl or another.

"Get on with it, Padfoot!" mumbled James impatiently, as they stopped for seventh time. "Our trunks are heavy."

"If you say so." Sirius relented, and started walking without sparing a second glance at the girl he was talking to. It wasn't like he cared overmuch about her- if Sirius was being completely honest, he wasn't even sure what her name was. They reached their compartment, only to find that it was already occupied.

Now that's strange, Sirius thought to himself.

No one who knew them ever dared to sit in their compartment, so it had to be a first year. Sirius was in a really bad mood. His summer had been a truly awful one - just like every other vacation he spent with his family. So he was really looking forward to hexing someone.

But when they opened the door, they saw three girls who looked the same age as them.

Sirius had never seen them before and judging by the looks on his friends' faces, neither had they.

Sirius was pretty sure they were new, because if they had been around before, he would have definitely noticed them. They weren't the prettiest girls he had ever seen, but there was something about them that couldn't be forgotten easily.

One of them had long hair, the color of raven's feathers, her face had long features and her figure was lithe and sporty.

The girl sitting next to her was tiny with a ghostly pale face and blood red lips- lipstick no doubt. Her hair was done up in a fancy updo.

Sirius turned to look at the girl sitting across from them. She was unusually tall for a girl- almost as tall as James. The olive-skinned beauty had shoulder-length brown hair with red streaks in them which shone like fire sparks in the sunlight coming through the train window. Her long legs were lazily pulled up under her.

And that was when Sirius realized that the girls were all dressed in muggle clothes.

"Um hullo?" said James hesitantly.

The girls looked at him and their eyes widened.

"Dude, why are you wearing a Giant's hoodie? It reaches your feet!" The pale one slurred looking at his robes. Her accent was American, Sirius noticed.

She looks drunk. Sirius thought to himself. He had a nagging suspicion that so were the other two.

The girls giggled.

"No, silly," the olive-skinned one drawled, theatrically rolling her eyes, "they're obviously wearing capes with sleeves."

"We are so wasted." The third one said, as if it wasn't already painfully obvious, and the other girls nodded their heads, giggling.