2

Emma.

I love waking up on a Sunday morning. It's still the weekend, so you have that light feeling, but it still has an air of responsibility. Oh, and of course, the excitement of my first day of university tomorrow. I sit up in bed and look around my new room. It already is starting to feel like home, after I put up my pictures and decorated. The walls are a lovely shade of eggshell white, and the floors are a caramel colored hardwood.

I throw aside my pastel colored duvet and check the time on my phone. 8:47. I get up and walk towards the window. I have a view of the street below, and the city tells me that it's going to be a good day. I get dressed quickly, and run through today's schedule in my head. Get breakfast from that bakery, go grocery shopping, explore a bit, and finish unpacking. Easy enough, considering the first item is breakfast.

I make my way down the street, and I can already smell something amazing. I brush my light brown hair out of my face, and close the length between me and the food. When I reach the bakery, I take in the shop's exterior. It's very welcoming, with a sky blue sign and awning. I open the door and I instantly know that I will be coming here a lot. The scene is like a coffee shop and bakery combined with their best attributes. There are comfy chairs all over there place, and a huge selection of amazing looking foods.

I look at the menu. It is a simple chalkboard hanging from the ceiling over the counter. It has specialty coffees, smoothies, and hot cocoa of course. Two people are in line in front of me, so I decide what I'm having. For some reason, I'm really craving hot chocolate. Damn cute boy next door. And oh my god are those fresh cinnamon buns? Best. Breakfast. Ever. Finally, I'm at the front of line and I step towards the counter to take my order. I look up at the cashier and my heart leaps in my chest. As you might have guessed, it was Eli. Hot boy next door.

"Hey Emma! I wasn't expecting you this morning." he says, flashing me a grin.

Oh my god, he is so cute. Why did he have to be so cute? He has flour in his hair. He bakes? This guy gets hotter by the minute! Oh god.

"Well, I could smell those cinnamon buns from down the street, where else would I go?" I laugh.

"True, true. So, what can I get you?" he replies easily.

"I'll have a cinnamon bun and a hot cocoa please." I feel like I'm doing this wrong. Should I give him my number? Wink at him? God I'm terrible at flirting.

"In this weather?" he asks, smirking mischievously.

He's mocking me! He won't get away with that!

"Well, I'm just feeling ~hot~ this morning, I guess." I reply with a wink.

Eli looks me up and down slowly.
"I bet you are."

Was not expecting that. Does this mean he thinks I'm hot? Oh god. Oh god. What now? I used my only line!

Thankfully, the guy behind me in line is getting impatient, and being quite obvious about it, so I take my breakfast and find a chair. As I sit down, I notice something written on my cup. That cheesy bastard. He wrote his number down on my drink. That's a good thing, right? I look up, and he catches my eye from the counter. I grin and hold up my cup in a toast.