9

Emma.

The baking has begun. Eli shows me how to do all of the things I thought I knew how to do in a faster, efficient way, like cracking eggs with one hand, and kneading dough just right. Throughout the whole morning, he is in his element. It's like he has come to life, here in there kitchen. His face is the sun, shining everywhere and making everything better and brighter. I mostly sit back and let him work, watching. Watching the little quirks he has, like how his nose twitches slightly when he's excited, how his hands have so much grace in the little movements. I'm analyzing him, inside and out, trying to find a fault but I can't. 

He is so perfect in my eyes, and I met him six days ago. I feel like I know him, which sounds creepier then it is, I swear... We've spent four whole days together when I was sick, and we really bonded. We've only kissed three times; our date, and twice while I was sick the last few days, but that's all we need. Being with him is just so calming, so perfect. Perfect. This is escalating so fast, and I all I know is that I really don't care. Eli is currently taking the first batch of cinnamon buns out of the oven, quickly putting them on the stove top.

"Our first batch is done. We did good on this one." He says, grinning at me.

"You mean you did good one this one. All I did was crack an egg incorrectly." I chuckle, as I hoist myself up on the counter.

"Eggs are very important." He says with a completely straight face.

I giggle. "I suppose."

"They are! Once I forgot to put eggs in a batch of bread, and it turned out horribly! Nina was pretty mad."

"Really though. You are so amazing at this! You should be studying it."

"My parents don't support me going to culinary school, so that is not an option. It's fine though. Really, it's more of a hobby anyway." He says, but I know better. It is part of him, and he should be allowed to do it for a living if he wants to.

"So, now what are we making?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Chocolate chip cookies, of course." He replies, bopping me on the nose with his floury finger, leaving a huge white dot.

"Hey! You did that on purpose!" I yell!

Eli shrugs innocently, and I sneakily scoop up tons of flour in my hands and casually walk towards him. I feel a twinge of pain in my left side, but ignore it as I pull him towards me. I plant a kiss on his lips, running my fingers through his hair. I make it quick though, unfortunately, and I step back from him. Mission accomplished. His hair is now full of flour, speckled with tons of the white powder. He looks stunned, I guess I caught him by surprise.

"Nice hair." I say, giggling.

He runs to the mirror, and his expression turns to mischief.

"Oh no you didn't!"

"Just getting you back, that's all" I reply smugly.

He walks back over to me calmly, and I don't see him pick up handfuls of flour before he comes behind me, putting his hands on my stomach. I inhale sharply. Not fair, not fair. He lingers for a few seconds, then removes himself, revealing two white hand prints on my shirt. Oh no he didn't! This needs to stop, before I get hand prints on other areas that would be slightly more embarrassing. Not that Eli would mind.

"Truce?" I say, holding out my hand to Eli.

He sighs. "Truce."

The rest of the day zooms by very quickly, and before I know it, we're already walking home.