5

Eli.

The date is tonight. I can't believe I had the guts to ask Emma out. I can't believe she said yes. I'm planning on taking her to the Urban Putt, a really cool restaurant/mini golf course. I went there as a kid with my parents, and my sister before... Anyway, I chose mini golf so I can show her how it's done, wrap my arms around her and- Oh shit! It's six. i quickly comb my hair, and throw on my light blue zip up hoodie. My mom says it brings out my eyes, but I don't see it.

I rush to Emma's apartment next door, then take a second before I knock. I hear some noises inside, and the door swings open, revealing the gorgeous girl next door. Her outfit is cute but casual, and her hair is in a perfect messy bun. I can't take my eyes off of her. Lord help me.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Ready." she replies confidently.

I offer her my arm, and thankfully she takes it. We walk out to my car, a yellow punchbuggy, and she gapes at it, her soft pink lips forming a little 'o'.

"I love your car!" she exclaims excitedly. I feel a burst of pride at that, because not everyone likes them. I open her door for her, then go around to the drivers side.

"Thanks, it as my older sisters. I inherited it when I was 17." I reply as I buckle up.

"Did she get a new one, because who would get rid of this car?" she teases.

I go rigid. My sister is a very sensitive topic. A few years ago, she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Abby just went in for a cough, but it turned out to be way worse than any of us thought. She fought for 6 short months, and then she passed away. She was 18. My throat closes up, but I manage to speak.

"That's a long story that I will tell another time." I say quietly.
And I will, eventually, but I don't want to make it a big deal yet.

AN
From now on I will be writing a few chapters in Eli's POV, but I did the beginning of the last chapter so you can see his personality more, and find out what happened to his sister.  Hope you enjoyed, sorry it's so short, I'll update in a few hours <3 !