Week 5

Luke groaned as Doctor Harper pressed gently on his stomach. She pressed again, Luke groaning again in response.
"Have you been feeling cramps this week at all?"

Luke nodded, resting his head back on the small pillow they placed on the table for him. He hated the sound of the crinkling paper he was lying on. It was a disturbing sound to him and he wanted to rip the paper beneath him to shreds.

Doctor Harper nodded, writing something down on her clipboard then looked back at her computer screen. She clicked a few things, typed a little then turned back to Luke.

"You seem to be on the right course, Luke. Keep eating healthy and don't stop taking those walks you say you do. Also, remember to be careful while at your jobs. The first trimester is when most of the miscarriages happen so you need to be very protective of that sweet little baby in there, okay?"

Luke smiled slightly. "Mrs.VanBünz wouldn't dare let me do any hard work in the bakery so you have nothing to worry about."

Dr. Harper chuckled. "I'm not too surprised. Now go home and take a nice nap. You deserve it and your growing baby needs it. I'll see you in four weeks."

Luke sat up, gently stepping down from the table with the cringe-worthy paper and shook the small woman's hand. He took the few papers and walked out of the small room, ready to go home, collapse onto his bed and sleep for hours.

~~~~~

Dear Baby,

Doctor Harper says we are doing good at keeping in good shape. I know you don't like the salads with our macaroni and cheese but I have to feed you good stuff, little one. I know you must enjoy our walks though. They are so beautiful, especially in the morning. The morning dew is on the grass, leaves and flowers, the sun rising and casting a light shimmer on the plants. It's gorgeous and I can't wait for you to see it.

I love you,baby cakes.

Love Daddy