Week 3

Luke sat on a park bench, wearing a tan, knitted sweater and his black skinny jeans. He wore his only casual pair of shoes, his red converse and a black beanie on his head. His hair was a floppy mess, flat and falling into his eyes.

He slowly sipped his hot cocoa, looking at the beautiful fall leaves. He saw a small family of four dashing around the playground, laughing and kicking through leaf piles. Luke adored the pretty sight. The small boy and girl were squealing and jumping around. The parents were smiling brightly, having fun with their kids. Luke hopes he can bring that joy and love into his baby's environment.

He misses feeling a pair of strong arms around him, holding him safely. It felt nice being so protective and warm. Actually meaning something to someone else. No, Luke isn't depressed. He just misses the feeling of being loved and to love another man as his boyfriend. Soulmate. Best friend even.

The word best friend appears in his mind and he flinches. He still wasn't over the tragic loss of his best friend. Calum meant the world to him. They were inseparable. Even into high school, different friend groups didn't keep those two apart. They had class votes held for best smile, best dressed and ect. Luke and Calum won for Cutest Best Friends. He still has the certificate in his apartment, framed and with a picture of his best friend.

It was a picture of him and Calum, right before he left to go serve in the army. He was killed in action and Luke never got over it. He cried for days, not having the strength to even get up and eat. His mother would help him with everything, being too physically and emotionally drained to do anything. Those five months scared his parents to death but he soon realized that Calum wouldn't want him to be the way he was. He stood strong and grew stronger. He knew Calum would be proud.

Luke sighed, taking another sip of his coffee. He looked up, just in time to see a tall boy, much like his height, fall to the ground, tripping over a plastic bag, drifting in the wind. The red-dyed hair was bright and fierce, immediately catching Luke's eye. He got up quickly, going over and helping the boy up.

"Are you alright?" Luke asked, worry evident in his tone.
The boy nodded, getting up. "Stupid people. Littering all the time when a waste basket is within feet of them. Yes, I'm alright. Thank you for helping me."

Blue eyes met Green eyes.

~~~~~~~~

Dear Baby,

This week has been busy, but boring at the same time. All these jobs we have to attend. It was much easier to pay for the rent with two people, one job for each. Now two jobs for one person is exhausting. I'm sorry I have to work so much. You must be fussy and want to rest for more than two hours at a time. I'll try my best. But baby, I have a question. Did you feel that too? I looked into those green eyes and I just got lost. They were beautiful. I'm sure you would have agreed with me. It's a small town, maybe I will see him again. For now, let's just focus on us two.

I love you, Prince or Princess.

Love, Daddy