Chapter 3

5:30 couldn't have come slower. Every minute felt like an hour but as I was beginning to give up hope that it was ever going to arrive, the time came for me to go. I gave myself a final look in the mirror. Fortunately, I had made a good choice; I wore a mint coloured, knee length dress, (Picture above). With a pair of white flats.

I walked out of the room and turned left, heading towards the cinema room. As I turned a corner to the final corridor, I discovered rose petals scattered all around me on the floor; Steve had clearly put a lot of effort in to this.
As I reached the door, I took a deep breath and pushed it open. I gasped. The floor and seats were covered in Rose petals and candles. A bottle of champagne rested in a bucket of ice next to a box of chocolates. On the screen, Love Actually was playing as Steve stood in front. He was dressed in a blue shirt and a pair of black trousers, with a pair of black shoes.
"Steve..." I whispered "This is amazing. Wh-what is this for?" I stared into his baby blue eyes which were now only inches from mine.
"(Y/N). I wanted to show how much I love you and I thought this would be the perfect way." He stared back into my (Y/E/C) eyes. "By the way, excellent choice on the dress; you look stunning."
"You don't look too bad yourself." I answered with a cheeky grin.
"(Y/ N), can I please get on with this?" He asked and I nodded in response. "Good."
Steve took a breath and smiled as he got down on one knee. I gasped again and my eyes widened.
"(Y/F/N), we have been dating for over two years now and after those incredibly subtle hints I decided that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you so much and I always will. So," He paused as he opened a red box "Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" I didn't even think about my answer, I didn't have too.
"Yes!" I cried tears pouring down my face. "Yes, yes, yes!" He slid the beautiful ring onto my finger and kissed me, he too had tears falling down his face.
A cheer came from the doorway and Steve and I turned to look at the team standing there. I looked at Natasha as she winked at me. This was the secret she had been hiding.
"Let me see!" She called as she ran towards Steve and I. I stuck out my hand and looked towards Steve. "I wish I had taken tissues now." I joked.
"Come on Nat, let's leave the love birds to it." Shouted Clint as he pulled her out of the room before closing the door behind him.
I stared at Steve.
"Well..."
"Well indeed." I replied before kissing him gently.
All I can say is that we didn't pay any attention to the film.