Chapter 20

A/N: I just wanted to let you know that the song from the last chapter was 'It's Been A Long Long Time'. It was used in The Winter Soldier and I love it. That be all. Alice xx

Steve's POV

My eyes, gently fluttered open, and I could feel a heavy weight against my chest. I moved my head to turn towards (Y/ N) and saw that she was still unconscious. The Driver's head was resting against the wheel, his seat belt, probably cutting off his breathing. I tried to reach forward and pull him back, but I just couldn't move.
(Y/ N) was just stirring awake, as I finished the calling for an ambulance.
"S...Steve?"
"Yeah, Honey I'm here. Are you okay?"
"I don't know. My head and arm hurt like hell. But other than that I think I'm fine. What about you?"
"I'm okay." I lied through my teeth. I couldn't feel much pain but I knew something was wrong...

Your POV

I looked outside the windscreen of the car and noticed the other vehicle logged into the front of ours. But nobody was in the driver's seat and the driver's door was wide open. They had run.
Soon, the air was filled with the sound of sirens, getting closer and closer until 2 huge vans pulled up beside us. A man and a women came running towards us, saying something that I couldn't quite hear. The man ran towards Steve and the woman ran towards me.
"Hey, darling. My name's Dixie and this is Ian." She nodded to her associate. "Can you tell me your name please?"
"I'm (Y/ N) and this is Steve."
"Okay. Where does it hurt sweetheart?" I told her where it was hurting and I knew Ian was doing the same with Steve. I was handed some gas and air and told to breath steadily as Ian pulled Dixie away.
My gaze then fell upon a white sheet. It looked like man. Oh God. Oh no. It was the driver. Why? Why is this happening to us?
"Hey, darling. We need to get you two to hospital. So can you get out for me please." I do as she says but before I can go far, black dots start to fill my vision and I'm falling into Dixie's arms....

Steve's POV

I look over to see (Y/ N) getting out and falling into Dixie's arms.
"(Y/ N)! Ian is she okay? Please answer me!" But despite my best efforts, nobody answered me. I was lifted into a wheelchair and pushed towards the other ambulance; the one (Y/ N) is in already half way down the road. I suddenly felt a gentle vibration in my pocket; my phone. I took it out and looked at the screen. It was Tony. I picked it up and put it to my ear.
T: Cap! How's it going?
S: Tony, we uhhh
T: Oh sorry Cap. I'll leave you to it...
S: Tony Wait! We were in an accident. I can't remember much just a sudden jolt in the car.
T: OH MY GOD! STEVE WE'RE ON OUR WAY TO THE HOSPITAL! HOW ARE YOU IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT?
S: yeah. Well no. (Y/ N) just collapsed and I can't feel my legs. But we're on our way to the hospital now.
T: Okay. Look we'll see you there just look after yourself.
And with that he hung up. We reached the Hospital quicker that I had anticipated and I was rushed into surgery, and put to sleep.

Third person

This was not the way the day was supposed to end. The Avengers and Kelly were sat in the waiting room just waiting. Steve had gone into theatre which was apparently going well but it didn't stop the thoughts running through their heads. (Y/ N) had collapsed but that was the only word they received from anyone. Nobody has ever seen the Avengers looking so broken before. Ever.
"Excuse me, are you here for Steve and (Y/ N) Rogers?" Every one stood up.
"Yes. Is everything okay?"
"Mr. Rogers' Surgery was a success and should be able to walk properly again in a few days." Silence.
"And (Y/ N) what about her?"
"Mrs. Rogers collapsed at the scene..." Natasha cut her off.
"We know that but is she okay now? Can we see her?" There was another silence.
"You can see her but ummm... Mrs. Rogers is in a coma..."

A/N: and I think I'll leave it there.
Sorry it's late but I had several tests which basically sets what classes I'll be in next year so FUN!
Anyways. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 5.7 K READS AND 267 VOTES. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
Alice xxx