Chapter 16

"What?"
"You heard me. I want to be an Avenger again."
"No, (Y/N). Do you not remember what happened in New York? I can't let anything happen to you, I just can't."
"Look Steve, I understand it must be hard but with all that's happening with Loki I can't just sit around here doing nothing whilst you guys go and save the world. I want to help"
Fury looked to me then to Steve and then to Tony. Then turned to me again.
"Fine. Welcome back (Y/N)"
"Thank you sir"

2 hours later
I walked into the training room to find Natasha ballet dancing, and soon I joined in. She was dancing The Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker. I knew the dance well and enjoyed dancing with Natasha. Once the music had stopped, Nat span around and faced me.
"You never told me you could dance like that!"
"I never had to."
"Alright, keep your secrets, but we've got training to do." I nodded my head and followed her into the ring.
"Okay, so let's see what you can do. Fight me." I didn't need to be asked twice. Lunging forward, I punched her in the stomach and ducked when she wanted to punch me. I stood up and she ran for me and ran to her. I rugby tackled her to the ground and pinned her there for 5 seconds.
"I win!" I shouted with pride. I helped Nat up and walked over to my bottle.
"Not bad (Y/ N), but you can't tackle everyone. I'm gonna teach you how to attack someone." My pride quickly diminished.
"We're going to do the same again but really fight me. Don't be afraid of hurting me.' We walked back until our battle stances and she counted down from 3 and then we took off.
She ran and tried to punch me but I blocked it off, punching her square in the face. She stumbled backwards but she didn't fall, this time her fist meeting my stomach, giving me a sudden urge of adrenaline. I swiped her feet from underneath her and pinned her to the ground. Once on the ground the spy head butted me and I returned the favour.
"Oww"
"You're welcome." I smiled smugly at her and got up, she did too.
"Okay. There were some things that will need polishing but other than that, it was great. So get a drink and meet me back here in 10; I'm gonna teach you some tricks." I nodded and walked over to my bottle. This is gonna be fun.

Later that day

"So, (Y/ N), we've decided to send Loki back to Asgard again, this time he will be locked up."
"Thanks Fury. I feel a lot better without him here"
"Any time. I best be going."
"Don't you want to stay for dinner? I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind"
"Thank you for the offer, (Y/ N), but there are some things I need to take care of."
"Okay well I guess I'll see you soon then Sir."
"Will do. Good bye"
"Bye" the lift doors closed behind him and I wandered into the kitchen. Both Steve and Pepper were cooking; this meal was gonna be the death of me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was right; it was the death of me. It was the most delicious Sunday Roast I had ever had in my entire life. Suddenly, the lift doors opened.
"Did you miss me?" (Sherlock reference on point) I ran straight for the woman that had stepped out. "KELLY!" I exclaimed and ran into her arms, giving her massive hug. "It's been ages, how are you?"
"I'm good. How's the bride to be?"
"Good, thanks" there came a cough from behind me. "Oh yeah, Kelly this is everyone, everyone this is Kelly; my maid of honour."
A chorus of hello's and hi's ran around the room. Kelly and I sat down on the sofa and chatted for awhile, whilst the others cleared away the food and went to their different 'stations'. Soon, it came for Kelly to leave and go back to her hotel.
"I'll see you tomorrow yeah?"
"Obviously, you have a maid of honour dress to try on."
"And you a wedding dress. Have any of the bridesmaids tried their dresses on yet?"
"No, I've picked them out, I just need them to try them on, you'll meet them all tomorrow." She gave a nod before hugging me.
"see you tomorrow (Y/ N)"
"See you tomorrow" And with that, I switched off the lights of the living room and went straight to bed.