Chapter 11

A/N: I did upload this on Saturday but something happened and I have no clue what so here it is again...

Natasha's POV

I got a call from Fury just as I was heading to bed. I answered the Secretary question and waited for Fury to speak.
F: Agent Romanoff, I call for a team meeting. Wake up any sleeping Avengers and tell them to meet me in the dining room.
N: Sure. Quick question; does this include (Y/ N)?
F: Seeing as she previously said today that she wants nothing to do with me or S.H.I.E.L.D I'm gonna say no. I'll see you in 5 minutes.
N: Okay, see you in 5.
I hung up the phone and walked into the dining room.
"Hey Jarvis, can you get everyone apart from (Y/ N) to come to the dining room please?"
"Yes Miss Romanoff."
"Thanks"

5 minutes had passed and all of us, excluding (Y/ N), were sat in the dining room. Fury walked in with Steve behind him.
"Agents. As you may of heard that Mr Rogers is still alive, I believe it is best that we explain."
"Yeah, how about starting with why you let your fiancee go through so much pain?" Questioned Bruce who was glaring at Steve. He looked at the floor with shame and embarrassment.
"I didn't mean to put (Y/ N) through so much pain, but it was better for everyone if HYDRA believed I was dead."
"But Steve," I began "Why couldn't you tell us. Keep it off files but tell us. You know we can keep a secret. And why did Tony know?"
"I got Jarvis to hack into files of SHIELD and it came up with the messages Nick had been sending to Steve, pushing him to tell us." Explained Tony. I nodded in response.
"So why did you stay dead? And why does it involve HYDRA?" Asked Clint who looked extremely confused.
"Because, Agent Barton, SHIELD have been hunting HYDRA down and if Cap stayed alive, HYDRA would only increase their weaponry and security. However if they thought they had taken one of us down, they would believe that they had won. Except that is exactly what we wanted. Them to lower security and protection, making it easier for us to take them down. Which we did. And now I'm here telling you."

"Guys what's going on?" I heard (Y/ N)'s muffled voice coming from the hallway. I glanced at Steve and he had a look of concern on his face. (Y/ N) was not going to be pleased.

Your POV
As I walked into the dining room I saw Steve and Fury. Didn't I make myself clear to them earlier?
"What are you doing here?"
"Explaining why we did what we did."
"Great, explain then." I walked over to the nearest seat and sat down. He told me how they wanted to take down Hydra and this was the best option in doing so. I nodded when he finished but then something got me confused.
"Why did you pretend to be this Chris guy then? Why not just tell us that you were alive at that point?" There was a moment of silence "Well?"
"I, I don't know. It was just easier I guess to pretend that I was dead."
"FOR A YEAR AND A HALF?!?!" I shrieked.
"(Y/ N) please, forgive me." Steve looked into my eyes with his baby blue ones and I was tempted to forgive him. But I was soon snapped back to reality.
"No. I will never forgive you. Stay away from me." I turned on my heel and walked out, letting a single, salty tear ran down my cheek. Natasha tried calling me back but I just kept walking.

Sorry for the short-ish chapter but I was already late and I thought it was a good time to end.
So what do we think of Steve actually being alive? I have my best friend Meg to thank for that!
Will you forgive Steve or is he just a distant blur of the past? Comment below!
Alice xx