Sister of The Shield (Chapter 36)

Emily woke up the next day feeling refreshed and felt a sense of relief. She had felt so unsure about going back to work now that Seth was back, but there was just something about what Bray said that brought a smile to her face. He promised her with his life that Seth would not hurt her again. She woke up and checked her phone and saw a message from Bray.

"I hope you are feeling better Sweetheart, and I hope you've been thinking about what you want to do. I promised you before... Seth will never hurt you again. I would hate for you to quit the job that I know you love because of Seth. I have a feeling that all of your pain and suffering is a thing of the past... There is something that I want to talk to you about, but I would like to talk to you face to face tomorrow. I hope you sleep well Emily." - Bray

Emily smiled at this message, she had already fallen asleep before she read it the night before. It was about nine in the morning, she wasn't sure if Bray was awake or not, but she sent him a text back.

"Thank you for your message last night Bray. I was already asleep when you sent it. I don't know if you're awake or not, but I was hoping that we could meet on the first floor for breakfast if you haven't ate already. It will take me about thirty minutes to really wake up and get ready, but send me a text if you're awake and let me know." :) - Emily

Emily grabbed her clothes and was about to go into the bathroom to take a shower when she heard her phone go off.

"I'm awake. I haven't ate yet, I'd love to join you for breakfast. There's no rush, take you're time Sweetheart, I'll wait for you." - Bray

Emily smiled at this and went into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready. Her favorite outfit was a pair of jeans, a plain white shirt, a red plaid shirt over that. She looked at herself in the mirror and wasn't completely satisfied with the way she looked. She decided to curl her hair and put on a little bit of make up. She looked better now, but she kept thinking back to how she looked after Seth raped her. For the people that knew what happened, what did they see when they looked at her? Did they see her as the happy woman she was before, or the damaged woman she was now? Emily didn't have any marks on her face, but the memory was still there, it was still pretty recent and she remembered what Seth told her in the court room. Then she remembered what Bray told her and then remembered that Bray was waiting on her. She took longer than she wanted, almost an hour had passed since she texted Bray. She left her room and went to the first floor and went to the kitchen area. She had kept Bray waiting for a long time and didn't think he would stick around, but was surprised when she saw Bray still sitting in a booth waiting for her. There wasn't anyone else around and she came in and joined him. Emily felt bad about keeping him waiting, but he only smiled at her when he saw her come in.

"Hey Sweetheart."

Emily smiled at this, she blushed everytime he called her that.

"Hey Bray, I'm sorry I kept you waiting so long, it took me a little longer than I thought... I have a few things on my mind."

"You don't need to apologize Emily, you don't need to go making this a big deal. I'm a patient man... you said that you had something on your mind, anything I can help with?"

"I don't know... maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing."

Emily turned her attention away from Bray and hoped that he wouldn't see right through her. She wasn't fooling Bray, he knew that when she would act like this that something was bothering her.

"Talk to me Emily... something is bothering you... I can tell."

Emily was surprised at this, Bray always seemed to know when there was something bothering her.