✧ night one ✧

castiel

My eyes scanned the glowing red numbers that filled the dark room for the 5th time that night.

5:46AM

I rolled over to face the wall as i forced my eyes shut in attempt to sleep for the 5th time that night. Nothing. I peeled my eyes open groggily as I turned upwards so i could face the bunk above me.

The sounds of rustling calmed me down, it helped me feel less alone in this small dark room. I heard a soft snore and smiled knowing that my friend was sleeping well, unlike me. The snore soon turned into a vague grumble as i heard more rustling and the creaks of the metal bed. I turned around quickly to face the wall, pretending to be asleep.

"Cas? You up?" A gruff voice asked as i sighed. "You know i am dean.." I responded flipping my position to face my roommate.

Only his head was visible which made me smile faintly. "I um.." "Had another bad dream?" I finished his familiar sentence extending my arms. He nodded before disappearing back up to the top bunk.

Moments later i heard him climb down the creaky bunk. I smiled as he landed on the ground with a thud and walked over to me. Dean looked to his side and paused before crawling next to me.

I picked up my blanket and threw it over the both of us, his body heat surrounding me instantly. "I know your doing this because of me..." I gulped as he put his arms around my waist, pulling me close, our faces inches apart. "You need sleep" He responded simply.

I couldn't see his face; the room was too dark, but i could feel his cheeks start to warm up. "Dean I'm fine, your the one that needs sleep." I reassured him, my eyes drifting to the clock behind him. Dean shifted so he could follow my wondering eyes. We both watched the clock change.

5:50AM

His gaze drifted back to me, but mine stayed rested on the clock. "Im not the one with insomnia." He muttered as i felt him pull my body closer. I didn't respond.

It wasn't because he brought up my condition. He always does that, and I'm already aware of it myself. I just wanted him to sleep already, for his sake.

This was the 3rd time this week he had a 'bad dream' ,and i know he's lying for my own sake. He's been doing this every since i told him about my sleeping patterns.

I looked down at him, my eyes trailing down his face, sides, hips, and eventually his legs that where wrapped around mine. I smiled at the sight before i wrapped my arms around him.

This was a normal thing for us; sleeping together. Our relationship was.. Complicated, and we didn't mind it, as long as where close, thats all that mattered.

On a few occasions, i would find myself watch him get up in the morning, always smiling at the sight. I remember the one time we argued, that night i didn't sleep, and i still found him wrapped around me. It was our little thing that meant the world to us, or for me at least.

I looked down at dean and felt my eyes get heavy, a wave of a rare feeling bloomed inside of me, sending a smile to my face.

I felt my eyes drift and so did my mind. The room becoming burry as my vision started to drift into deep darkness known as sleep.

________

Hello

It took quite a bit if research and lack of my own sleep to start this, so let me know how i did!

I do not have insomnia, nor do i know anyone who has insomnia, so if you or anyone you know has sleeping issues, let me know because i want to get this right!

Extra Info:

Castiel Novak
Age: 18-19
Gender: Male
Sexuality: bisexual
Notes: has insomnia, quiet kid, has trouble figuring out people and there intentions

Dean Winchester
Age: 17-18
Gender: Male
Sexuality: unknown
Notes: is close with castiel, smart kid, great at reading emotions, not so much at expressing them.

Goodnight ☁️