☼ day one ☼

castiel

I opened my eyes from the bright light shinning through the windows blinds. I blinked a few times before reaching for dean. "Dean.. Wake up.. We have class" i patted around but didn't feel anything. I looked next to me and saw he was gone, the blankets tossed at the end of the small bed.

I forced myself to sit upward as i looked around for any signs of my roommate. I rubbed my eyes as i looked for any clue of his disappearance.

I spotted a note handing from bunk. It was blurry from this far, but i noticed deans sloppy handwriting. I crawled up from under the covers and over to the hanging note.

Cas,

I went to class, i told them you where sick. Please get some rest for me.

ill be back at 3, you better be asleep

- De

I smiled at deans protectiveness, but knew it wasn't that easy. Insomnia wasn't something you could cure, because if that was the case, then i would of drowned some cure by now.

I took the taped note from the bed and crumpled it before tossing it into the wastebasket with a sigh. "He's like a mom.." I laughed to myself as i got up.

I looked over at my clock as i stretched, the time changing as i did so. I sighed knowing sleep wasn't an option, dean would get here in an hour.

2:10PM

I rubbed my neck and yawned deciding to do something with my life. I walked over to the closet that me and dean shared. I picked out my own black shirt and one of his red flannels. I slipped them on and kept my grey sweatpants on and put on some converse.

I grabbed my phone and opened the door to the outside world.

______

I walked down the empty halls; everyone was in class or skipping. I headed to elevators and went down to the main floor where everyone was.

With a grumble i rubbed the dark circles under my eyes as i headed towards the cafe provided. I roamed around the produce area and picked out a few things.

an apple, water bottle, candy bars, and a beer for dean.

I went up to the check out lane and placed all of my items on the rack, the worker glaring at the beer as he scanned the items. "Don't give me that look" i spat adding the last item to the rack.

"Look i understand but your not of age Castiel." The worker responded looking around before scanning the liquor and throwing it into the bag. "Yeah yeah whatever Alfie.." I responded sliding a 10 to him quietly as i grabbed the bags with a grunt.

I said my goodbyes and left tightening my grip on the plastic bags.

______

I made my way back to the dorm, avoiding any social contact. "Dean you home yet?" I called opening the door and walking in in one swift motion.

I shut the door behind me and fully walked into the room to see dean with only a towel wrapped around his waist. "I said you needed to be asleep cas.." He sighed holding the towel around him tightly, frowning.

"I don't sleep." I responded rummaging in the bag, reaching out to give him the beer. "Yeah yeah...but you need to" he sighed taking the beer from my hand and sitting down In a spiny chair.

I shrugged watching him pop the cap off and taking a sip like no big deal. "Put on some pants why don't you." I sassed throwing his discarded pants to him laughing. "Pants are for losers" he responded grabbing the pants and tossing them back at me chuckling.

"Your a pain." I smirked noticing him make his way to me. "Yes but I'm your pain." He replied kissing my forehead. "Oh how very straight of you de" i smiled as he leaned away. "Oh we both know I'm not fully straight." He sassed taking the seat next to me. "Then what are you?" I asked cautiously.

"A mystery that you have yet to solve."