10: Primus' Blessing

It had been several hours since the attack on the barn. Right now, it was night. Cade had taken Tess with him in the truck towing the flatbed with Optimus. Shane insisted on going since Tess was "his girlfriend" and he wasn't about to let anything happen to her.

Finally, they stopped at an abandoned way station on a desert road. Hound scanned the building. Everything in it still worked, and the plumbing still worked. That would be good for humans. The Autobots changed to robot mode, stretching their servos.

"I'll scout around the area with Bee." Hound said. "You guys set up camp."

With that, they took off.

Stripes went over and opened the back of the trailer, worried about Optimus.

"...Holding together, big guy?" Stripes asked. Optimus nodded.

That's when a hand grabbed Stripes by the shoulder and threw him away from the trailer and into the ground!

Stripes barely had time to look up when he saw who it was! It was Drift, and He was pissed off! He slammed the trailer shut, locking Optimus in!

"ALL OF THIS IS BECAUSE OF YOU!" He roared, storming over and stomping down on Stripes' chassis. "SENSEI IS DAMAGED, WE NOW HAVE NO HOME, AND LOCKDOWN IS NOW CHASING US! WE NEVER SHOULD HAVE TAKEN YOU IN!!"

With that, he proceeded to start beating mercilessly on Stripes!

"Drift! Stop!" Dairus ran forward, only to be stopped by Crosshairs.

"Where do you think you're going?" Crosshairs snarled, ensnaring Dairus in a headlock.

"Stay out of it!" Crosshairs warned.

"Let me go! You can't let him do this..!"

"Why not?" Crosshairs said. "After all that's happened, I think it's time Stripes had a dose of reality. Normally, me and Drift don't agree on anything, but I'll make an exception for this!"

All Dairus could do was watch as Stripes was pummeled. Howls of pain tore from Stripes' vocalizer as he was struck over and over again.

Then, Drift stopped for a moment. Stripes let out yells of pain, holding his side, where the dents were most severe. Drift then grabbed an exposed rebar from the building, tearing it out of the concrete! Then, he resumed his feral beating! Stripes yells started to subside, as energon started to leak from his limp body.

"DRIFT, STOP IT!!" Dairus cried out, struggled to get free of Crosshair's grip. "STOP IT! YOU'RE KILLING HIM!!!"

Drift then raised the Rebar over his head for one last fatal blow.

"PLEASE, DRIFT! DON'T DO IT!" Darius yelled.

Then a miracle happened.

There was a bright flare of light, blinding everyone.

In its place, standing over Stripes, right across from Drift, was an Autobot. An Autobot all of them knew.

Alpha Trion. His frame was ablaze with a bright glow, his eyes filled with righteous fury. He looked deep into Drift's optics, who dropped the rebar. There was a long silence.

"Why are you senselessly beating the only hope you have of salvation?" The Priest of Primus asked.

"I-I...I..." Drift struggled to come up with an explaination. He and Crosshairs dropped to their knees.

Alpha Trion's faceplates displayed a scowl. "The Kin of Primus has been brought forth to bring you salvation from this horrid war. Your reckless abandon nearly caused such sin that would have damned all of our kind."

He then raised a hand over Stripes' body, showering him with a bright light. Once the light dissapated, Stripes was still there. Only his damage was gone!

"Have faith in him, as well as yourselves. Our future depends on it..."

With that, the light faded, and Alpha Trion disappeared.