Chapter 3

Elizabeth's P.O.V

I wake up to the smell of bacon. I quickly get out of bed and go downstairs to Lucas.

"Hey baby", he says kissing me.

"Hey handsome", I say before our bell rings.

"I'll get it", I say before going to the door to see our neighbors. I open the door to see their smiling faces.

"Morning", I say.

"Good morning we just bought you some cookies to welcome you to the neighborhood", she says and I smile.

"Oh, wow thank you", I say thankfully.

"No problem, oh and this is our son Riley", she says putting her hands on the kids shoulders.

"Hello there", I say and he waves.

"He's selectively mute", she says and I give her a sympathetic face.

"How old are you?", I ask and he puts up 7 fingers which surprises me.

"We should get going he has a football game", she says nervously.

"Right totally good luck", I say kinda confused and I hug her with my free arm.

"Thank you take care", she says before walking away.

"You too", I say after her before closing the door and walking back to the kitchen.

"Who was it?", he ask.

"Neighbor", I say.

"Can you believe their son is selectively mute and he's only 7", I say grabbing a cookie from the plate.

"I bet he's been through a lot", he says.

"Poor boy", I say and before he hands me a plate of eggs and bacon.

"I was gonna go see my parents", he says.

"Oh good I miss your mum", I say smiling.

"Yeah but she's not doing too well", he says and my heart drops.

"What do you mean?", I ask.

"Her heart is acting up", he says and I get teary eyed.

"When did you find out?", I ask.

"About a month ago?", he says.

"Why did you just now tell me?", I ask.

'I don't know you were always around Ethan I didn't want him to hear", he says.

"It doesn't matter Lucas", I say hashly.

"It does I don't want our son hearing her grandmother is not doing well", he says.

"Lucas I swear your such and Idiot", I say shaking my head.

"I didn't want you to worry, how am I an idiot? I just didn't want my wife to worry like she did when we were younger", he says and I get up and go to our shared bedroom.