Chapter 20

(A/N not proud of this chapter at all)

Last night we all managed to get home in one piece and nobody got caught.

I woke up with a slight headache but nothing major. Mom came in my room and said that we were gonna visit her brothers/adopted parents.

So right now me and Grayson are getting ready. I decide on black skinny jeans with holes at the knees and a white v-neck shirt.

I put on my red checkered print flannel.

I pull my hair into a high pony tail before adding a little bit of makeup which was just mascara and eyeliner and lip gloss.

I grab my phone and put it in my back pocket. I put on my all black vans and go downstairs.

I go to the living room and dad is there on his laptop in his pajamas.

"Dad your not going?", I ask and he shakes his head no.

"Why?", I ask.

"I have to turn in my report by noon", he says.

"Well where's mom?", I ask and he points in the direction of the kitchen before continuing on typing.

I walk towards the kitchen and she's on the phone with somebody before noticing me there.

"Hey darling go get Grayson for me and tell him to get in the car, you too", she says pushing the phone away from her ear.

I nod before going upstairs and knocking on Grayson's door.

"What?", he asks opening the door.

"Mom told me to tell you to go downstairs and get in the car", I say.

He grabs his phone with his headphones attached and closes his door.

I follow behind him and he grabs the keys from the counter. We both get in the back of the car and I play crossy roads on my phone.

A few minutes later mom gets in the car and drives to our uncles house. When we get there she parks in front of a large brown brick house that from the looks of it had a pool in the backyard.

"Ok Grayson headphones go out when we get in", she says and he shrugs making her sigh and open her car door and walk to the front door.

I smack his arm and he looks at me confused. I roll my eyes at his childish behavior and open the car door and walk to the front of the house along with mom.

When we all get to the door she knocks on the door before looking at the two of us.

She basically tears the headphones out Grayson's ears and puts it in her pocket.

I glance at him annoyed and soon Luke opens the door.

"Hey guys come on in", Luke says opening the door widely.

"I actually came to drop them off I'm on my way to work", mom says and Luke nods slowly.

"Ok have fun", he says and mom turns to me.

"Here make sure Grayson doesn't touch them", she says handing me his headphones.

"Mom no fair, I'd rather you keep it than her", he says.

"And why's that?", mom asks.

"Because she's gonna rub it in my face that she has it", he says and I roll my eyes.