40

Chapter 40
--------------------

g r a y s o n

"Explain", I say letting her arm go once we get in her room.

"Grayson don't start", she says plopping down on my bed.

"No I will what were you talking about", he asks confused.

"I just never felt like one of y'all what's the big deal?", she asks annoyed.

"Your my sister whether you like it or not and you are apart of this family what the hell!", I say damn near screaming.

"Grayson I know", she says rubbing her forehead stressfully.

"Ok then what's the problem?", I ask annoyed.

"I don't look like you guys, I don't talk like you guys, and I don't act like you guys", she says frowning.

"I don't fucking care you're like my god damn twin", I say calming down.

"Hazel I don't look like mom nor dad neither does Anna. But we're siblings we stick together", I say plopping down next to her.

Anna walks in the room and sits beside me.

"Grayson I'm scared", she says cuddling into me.

"Why?", I ask.

"I don't wanna die, mommy's gonna kill me", she says.

"Anna mom is not gonna kill you, you're being silly and you know it. She did what she thought was right for all of us as a family and we need to accept that", I say looking between Hazel and Anna.

"She could've talked to someone first but she didn't. Now is the time where we stick together the most", I say and Anna and Hazel both nod.

"As a family", I finish looking at Hazel and putting my hand over hers.

"Yeah, as a family", she says smiling slightly.

"Now let's go downstairs and finish talking to our parents, Anna mamma's not gonna kill you and Hazel you are my sister and mom's child, you got me?", I ask and she nods.

"Good let's go", I say standing up. I hold Anna's hand and Hazel's.

We go downstairs again and return to our spots. Anna runs over to mom and me and Hazel remain the same as usual.

"Hazel did Grayson change your mind? Because I really do see you as my own daughter", mom asks.

"Yeah he did something", she says.

m a d i s o n

I frown and look at her.

"Mom you know how I am, you won't get a reaction out of me", she says softly.

"But do you feel like you're apart of this family now?", I ask.

"It's a process, it's just that my process took longer. It's definitely getting there", she says.

"Good that's very reassuring to know", I say smiling slightly.

"So is everyone ok now? Good on the situation at hand?", Percy asks.

"Yeah we gotta move forward", Gray says making me smile.

"How about this, let's go out to eat somewhere like Olive Garden to take our minds off it", Percy says.

"It's really late dad", Hazel says scratching her hair.

"Well then tomorrow", he says standing up so I do the same.