Chapter 23

We practically run to the front door scared shitless carrying our bags of clothes.

We disposed of our vest before we left the building.

He unlocks the door quietly and opens it. But just when we thought we got away with it he was standing by the door.

"Bout time you guys showed up", he says taking a sip of his coffee leaning his palm onto a mini square table by the door holding a small plant up.

"Beginning to think you guys ran away", he says getting louder furrowing his eyebrows together in anger.

"Mom knows where we went", Grayson says closing the door completely and locking it.

"Your mother is not here so all plans get canceled", he says sternly.

"Didn't get the memo...?", I say more like a question.

"You guys can't do that, no more going out while your mother is in the hospital she woke up and from what I heard she keeps asking about you guys to your father and the nurses", he says rubbing his forehead.

"Stay home, I'm not going to tell you again", he says pointing a finger sternly at us then pointing towards the stairs.

We go upstairs listening to what he says and I go straight to my room. I take a nice warm shower scrubbing the memories and pain that just occurred away.

I lather up my body before shampooing my hair twice and conditioning. I rinse off completely before getting out the shower and wrapping a towel around me and my hair.

I walk to my closet patting parts of my body dry so I can dry faster. When I'm all dry I throw on a pair of pink pajama shorts and a white shirt. 

I go back to my bathroom and brush my teeth and wash my hair before blow drying my tangled hair straight.

I throw it into a pony tail and apply lotion all over my body before going into bed and looking at my messages.

I don't bother to read the messages from Luke and some are from Eden and Alice.

E- Home alright? how's Grayson?

I smile at there low key relationship but text back.

H- Yeah we're home Grayson's fine.

I brush some hair out of my face that fell into my view before texting Alice.

A- Riley's ok and Kyles ok. Had to go visit Riley to see if his arm was ok. Kyle had to get them taken out but he's fine overall just weak.

H- Thanks so much for the update

A- No problem

I lock my phone putting it on the charger and get under the blanket falling into a deep sleep.

**
I wake up and rub my eyes. We were supposed to return back to school today but Luke said we can stay out the next 2 days at the hospital.

I get out of bed and rub the sleepiness out my eyes. I glance at the clock which read 2:00 and mentally curse myself for sleeping in.

I sit back in my bed and scroll through my phone, I run a hand through my hair and look at little bit of hair left in between my fingers.

"I should dye you", I say speaking to myself. What color though?

"GRAYSON", I scream so he can hear me from my room.

"WHAT?", he screams back also.

"COME HERE", I scream again before Luke peeks through my door sleepily.