Chapter 1: We Fight Over Pizza

There's a couple of things I'm gonna talk about before you start reading. First, this story will alternate between the two main characters so you can see both families. Second, this story is no longer teen fiction. I'm leaving it as romance because there will be mature themes such as language and sexual content (minor). This book will basically border new adult, so if you're not comfortable with strong language and any kind of sexual content, do not read. If you do read, I hope you enjoy! :)
----------------
Song: My Heart I Surrender by I Prevail
* * *

-Liv-

"Dawson," I groaned and kicked his leg behind me. "You're smothering me."

He grumbled something incoherent and didn't move an inch. His arm rested lazily over me. My room was already hot as it is. I pushed on his arm and pressed my back against his chest so he'd fall on the spot beside me.

Finally, I threw my blanket off my body and it landed on him. I flipped on my side away from him and sighed. His light snores were timed, but he was still mumbling something between each one. Probably cursing me in his sleep. It wouldn't surprise me.

I felt him shift beside me and then he let out a long breath.

Dawson's warmth was still present beside me, so I knew he wasn't far. He's always been a big fan of cuddling and I'm always his personal teddy bear. I've fallen victim to Dawson's arms. He's my best friend, and definitely the best one at that. I'd do anything for the giant. It's weird seeing him in my bed sometimes because of how tall he is.

I chewed on the inside of my cheek, unable to fall back to sleep. Another frustrated sigh escaped my lips and I turned on my other side to face him. His back was to me and I took the opportunity to curl up behind him. My arm found it's way around his torso. I pressed my cheek between his shoulder blades and closed my eyes. He still smelled like the woods behind my house and it always reminded me of home.

He finally stopped talking in his sleep and all I could hear was his soft breathing. He didn't give any signal that he was awake. While I tried falling asleep again, I counted each breath he released.

I fell asleep on the fourteenth.

I felt the pressure of a poke on my cheek

I felt the pressure of a poke on my cheek. Then on my nose and a tap on my forehead.

I scrunched my face up and swatted at the person responsible.

"Is she dead?"

"She looks like it," another male voice said.

They both laughed and then I felt another poke on my cheek.

My eyes flew open and the first person I noticed was Dawson. Behind him was my annoying twin, Jude. Dawson was sitting next to me with a grin that lit up his hazel eyes. Jude was standing behind him with the same look on his face.