Chapter 16: Everything Will Be Told

-Dawson-

I was finishing up a small bit of my paper before my break when there was a knock on my door. I figured it was Liv since she should probably be here any minute. So I got up and walked to the door, not thinking twice about it. I swung it open and said, "You're early—" But I stopped abruptly when I noticed it was not Liv.

It was Ezra.

"Hey," he said. "I know this is probably weird."

I didn't nod like I wanted to. "A little." I lean against the door frame. "What's up?"

I could tell he was a little nervous, so that was also really confusing. "Um, Jude gave me your address. I just wanted to talk for a few minutes if that's okay."

Hesitantly, I nodded and opened the door to let him in.

"I won't be long," he added. "I've just been thinking a lot since homecoming."

We came to a stop in my living room, but neither of us sat down. I was about to offer, but then he said he wouldn't be here long. "You're not here to kick my ass are you? I mean, you can try. Actually, I'd probably let you."

Ezra laughed. "No, I'm not here to beat anyone. But I do want to talk about Liv."

My heart kind of fell a little, but that time I actually nodded. "I guess I saw this coming."

"I'm not here to tell you to stay away from her," he said quickly. "We decided to stay friends and that's honestly fine with me. I'd rather have her as my friend then not at all. I guess it's going well so far." He then shrugged.

"Okay," I said slowly. "Then why are you here?"

"Because," he started, "I want you to do the complete opposite."

"I'm sorry?"

"Everyone would have to be blind," he noted. "Anyone that's not you or Liv know how you feel about each other. They know more than you guys know."

The beat of my heart started picking up again and I thought it was beating way too fast. I'm not sure if it was because I'm nervous or...I don't know. It just felt weird. "I still don't understand what you're saying," I said.

"Liv isn't going to do anything about it," Ezra went on, completely ignoring my plea for him to explain. "You need to do something about it."

"No, it's not like that—"

"You're full of shit," he interrupted.

That sounded familiar. "Okay, so what? I'm not going to do anything about it either. She already said she doesn't want anything. She wants time to—think." I tap my temple. "I don't know. But what I do know is that I'm not telling her anything."

Ezra wanted to slap me, you could tell by his glare and the narrow of his eyebrows. "Now I see why you guys are perfect together," he said with all joking aside. "You're both so damn stubborn. You're being stubborn about Liv being stubborn. Honestly, how is that not exhausting?"

I raised a brow and crossed my arms over my chest. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Ezra now looked like he was about to rip his hair out and then rip mine out. "Just talk to her. Tell her how you feel. Just freaking tell her."

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "I've tried," I admitted. "I have several times actually. She knows how I feel."

He sighed. "Tell her again. Remind her that you're still here."