Chapter 15

Chapter 15:  

"We found he has a depressed skull fracture, directly on the back of his head. It looked twice as worse as many we get in here, possibly from a previous head injury left untreated. There is not a visible cut anywhere. However there is a sunken spot, here," she paused turning on a small X-ray display. She showed us the indentation in Logan's skull, which was very close to cutting into his brain. "Now we will have to operate later tomorrow afternoon, due to the fact that we're worried if he lays back, while sleeping or resting on a harder than pillow surface, that a piece of his skull could be injected into his brain, causing serve brain damage and possibility of being paralyzed from the neck down if the piece of his skull is lodged down into his spinal cord which I located here." She showed us where his spinal cord was and it was very possible he could be paralyzed if they didn't operate. I kept my arms around myself as if it would keep me from falling apart.

"Will he survive either way?" I asked quietly. The doctor looked shocked.

"Of course he will dear."

"Good."

"Now we took him off the meds so he will wake up in about five minutes, ready to interact with you and your fellow friends." The doctor said nodding and smiling while walking out of the room. Kendall and I stood there for a moment just staring at each other. My anger from earlier had returned but was also mixed with fear.

"I'm gonna kill him." I whispered to Kendall. He shook his head.

"It's not worth it Amy. Besides, it's not like he meant to do it." Kendall explains. I shake my head and walk closer to Logan. He looked brittle. James was going to pay. I didn't want to touch him in case he would break under my touch. Believe it or not he looked sick. We suddenly heard yelling down the halls and we knew that was our crazy bunch. Tiffany was cussing out James and Carlos tried to defend him while also siding with Tiffany on some of the things she was saying. I was angry. Kendall knew what I was going to do so he stayed with Logan.  

Fuming with such an anger that I've never experienced, I walked confidently not worrying about my weight, what I looked like, who was watching, I just walked till I had the destination in sight. "You son of a bitch!" I yelled at James. Everyone shut up and stared at me. There was fellow citizens in the waiting room, all over the age of sixteen so I let my language fly all over. Tiffany knew what I was going to do so she stepped aside. Carlos suddenly looked stressed as I made my towards them.

My hand, doubled up and I couldn't control myself. All I saw was red. I let my feelings take over. I punched and slapped James as hard as I could. He deserved it! He tried holding down my arms but I kicked him in his bad knee and sent him to my level as he held his knee. "You could have killed him! The first day you attacked him unexpectedly like a total coward, he had an untreated head injury then and now after today he could have been paralyzed! Or worse! You bastard!" I was hysterically crying. I had given up beating him, knowing it would do nothing for him. I could only imagine how people were staring at me and how all this looked but I didn't care.

"Amy! Amy! Calm down sweetheart!" Tiffany yelled pulling me away from James. She hugged me into her body and didn't let me go till I was breathing normally. James had sat down in a chair and was being comforted by Carlos. It was odd how Carlos was always the one to be on James's side, and Kendall on Logan's. I retraced my steps leaving half of BTR behind me with my best friend and returned to the one I loved. I got down the hall when I see Kendall rushing out of the room.

"Amy! Good you're back! He's awake!" Kendall said looking at me knowing why my makeup was all over my face once again. I wiped my face on my white shirt leaving black stains, but I didn't care and entered the room to a waiting Logan whom was tired looking, but not so brittle.

"Babe!" I shrieked going straight to his side as he held out his arms to me for an embrace. I smiled finally knowing he was going to wake up.

"Hey babygirl!" He said sounding a bit groggy. I pulled back and kissed his lips gently knowing I could potentially hurt him. He smiled as I kissed his lips and I smiled back when I pulled away. I took both his hands in my one as the other cupped his face. "What happened babe?" Logan asked serious now. I explained to him what happened and what the doctor said, and he became mortified. "I could've been paralyzed?!" He asked. Kendall shrugged.

"Yeah, but you weren't!" Kendal said raising his eyebrows smiling. He broke the tension a bit but I still could tell Logan was scared. Kendall excused himself to tell his friends and Tiffany that it was going to be a second for him to fully wake up. But I knew he was going to let Logan and I talk.