Eight

"This movie sucks," I complained, though I wasn't even paying attention to the film playing. It was Wednesday and I was round Alex's place again, as were Tony Jaime. Mike could make it- surprise surprise- yet again so we were just continuing as usual.

Truth be told, I've been in the worst mood since Monday and what happened with Kellin. I was trying to ignore what he said and pretend that he wasn't right. No, he wasn't. It had only been two days, I didn't miss him at all. Hell, I barely know him.

He seemed interesting enough and if we couldn't be together in the way he wanted us to be, I hoped that we could become close in a family sense. However, that didn't seem to be the way it was headed. Apparently Kellin pushes his family members away and based on what I heard Adam saying to my mom in the kitchen as I was leaving on Monday, it was weird how Kellin had suddenly become involved in actual discussions with us all.

If only they knew.

"Dude, are you feeling okay?" Alex asked, shooting me an odd look.

"Why?" I asked quickly, cursing myself for sounding so suspicious.

"You just said one of your favourite movies sucks..." Tony chimed in, causing me to groan and slouch further back into the armchair I was sat on.

Jaime joined the conversation, causing me to want to just leave, "Seriously, Vic. What's up?"

I shook my head. I really didn't wanna go into detail about this. They'd think I was weird if they found out that my "Sex partner in crime" Kellin was going to be my stepbrother.

Maybe I could just avoid talking about that part. In desperate need to rant to someone about the whole deal with my mom getting remarried, I decided that was a good option to go with.

"Fine."

They paused the movie and all turned to look at me, causing me to blush and think this through again. Their focused attention on me made me nervous but it was unlike me to be anything but confident, so I ignored it and sat up.

"My mom's getting remarried. Yeah, this guy called Adam came round last Wednesday and I found out then."

"Wow," Tony frowned, "Do you know the guy?"

"No, I've only seem him like once or twice since then and we never really talked. From what I could tell, he likes taking my mom our of the house on dates and I never really acknowledged when she'd go out."

"Mike can't be too happy about that..." Jaime spoke and the other two exchanged a look. Despite the mild friendship they bad built with my brother, they knew how he could be and he had pushed them all away.

I'm just thankful he has Alysha. I'm not mad at him for cutting himself away from his family, especially now that we've found out about the wedding, I'm just upset that we're losing him. He's slowly losing himself.

"No, he's not," I confirmed and Alex sighed.

"When's the wedding?"

"March sixth."

Their eyes widened, Tony's mouth dropping.

"You can't be serious? March? That's in like... a few months," Jaime interrogated, causing me to nod and sigh. The more I saw their reactions to it all, the more insane it seemed. I'm just glad I haven't accidentally blabbered about Kellin yet.

"Yep. And get this, we're moving in with them at the weekend."

"Them?" Alex asked. Oops.

"I... Yes, 'them'. Adam has a son."

Jaime spoke up again, "How old is he? Do you get on with him?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, a habit that was beginning to leave it sore, before replying. "He's nineteen, nearly twenty, and... I don't know if we really get on. I hardly know anything about him but he seems fun. He's really mature for his age but around me, he's quite childish. Well, was. Something happened the other day and he suddenly, like, recoiled and decided he was gonna push me away like all of his family."