Fourteen

It was Friday and there was still about an hour or so left until I was gonna sneak out. Mom and Adam had already left for wherever they were going to check out for the wedding.

Apparently the family is all coming here to stay for the few days and then on we'll all be staying in this hotel for two weeks (it's a long time, I know) before the wedding. Then they'll rush off on their honeymoon and leave Mike, Kellin and I all alone in the house.

An idea popped into mind. The only people home right now was Kellin and I. Mike will come by and pick me up at around ten, which was fine as mom and Adam were staying at the hotel they were checking out over night. Ew.

It was perfect. This was my opportunity to find out more about Adam and his previous family, I just needed to find out where to look.

He had an office type room somewhere downstairs. That's where I'll check first as it'll most likely contain a lot of his personal things. I knew I should feel bad for snooping around his stuff without his permission but what he doesn't know won't hurt him, right? It's not like he'll even know I know anything about him.

I walked down the stairs quietly, quickly eyeing Kellin's door to make sure it was shut and that the light was on, as I saw it shining through the bottom of the door, before continuing down.

Soon finding myself in front of the study, my hands reached for the cool door handle and turned it. It was locked.

Damn.

I turned and headed to the write of the stairs, the opposite direction of the kitchen and living room. The house, though it wasn't a dramatic change, was cooler eyre than the rest of the house. This side had a closet, guest room and another room I had never been in.

I found myself in front of the closet, trying to open it. This time, the handle turned with ease as I pulled the door open, revealing a cold, black, tiny room. Well, the same size as a closet usually is, except I couldn't actually see anything until I turned the light on. The corridor I was in was dimly lit and I didn't really know how to turn the lights on. Nobody ever came here that I know of.

"Right," I whispered, seeing some boxes in the closet. I pulled one out, kneeling down and opening it up. Did this make me a bad person, going through other people's things without permission? I need to find out more about Adam before my mom marries him. However, that didn't do anything to settle the prominent feeling in my gut.

I pulled out a few photos and notes from the box. The photos varied, though a lot were of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She was young, with bright blue eyes and wavy dark hair. Her skin was really pale and there were a few freckles upon her face as she smiled down at the baby in her arms. A tall man stood beside her, his light brown hair rather long.

This... this must be Adam and his old wife. That would mean the baby is Kellin...?

I looked through the photos. The woman smiled only when her son was in her arms. Any photo of her and Adam alone, she didn't bother moving her mouth. It was like it was unnatural for her to be with anyone she was so beautiful, like some kind of majestic creature stuck in captivity by love. If she even loved Adam, that is.

Letting the photos fall back into the box, I began reading one of the letters.

"Juliet, what am I to do without you? Kellin is only three years old, how am I supposed to raise him on my own? I was never taught things like this, I was never the parental type. Is this his fate? To be raised with no mother? I suppose he'll never really remember your beautiful face. What a shame. We could have had such a long happy life. What a shame. - Adam."

I frowned, picking up another letter. The paper seemed a lot different and judging by what I read next, it seemed more recent.

"He can't even control himself anymore, Juls. I don't know what I did wrong. I thought I raised him properly. It's not his fault, of course. It's the mental disorder. That doesn't change the fact that I'm losing him. I'm losing our son. What should I do? There is no way he is ready to know more about you. All he knows is that you decided this life wasn't for you and left. Well, that's the truth isn't it? You were never meant for me. I hope you and your cruel heart live to see the day our son achieves everything he used to babble on about as a child. I hope you'll see him and see how much you missed out on. If only Kellin could understand that it's all up to him. - Adam."

Biting the inside of my cheek, I sighed. This was wrong but I still hadn't found out anything about Adam. All I had found out about was his old wife and-

"What the fuck?!"

I jumped, my head whipping round to see whoever exclaimed. I knew, though. I knew who it was and I felt sick to my stomach.

"I-I-I-"

"No, Vic! Don't even start! What the hell do you think you're doing? This is none of your fucking business. You're going through our stuff? Our own personal things? For what fucking purpose?" Kellin snapped but there was something in his eyes aside the intense anger.

I was petrified. I had been caught.

"I needed to know more about your family before your dad marries my mom," I whispered, my voice not intending to sound so weak and pathetic.

"Ohhhh, I'm sorry!" Kellin exclaimed, scaring me a little, "It's not like we all have fucking mouths or anything. Hey, Vic, brother, I'm have a newsflash for you! There's this thing called asking!"

"Y-You don't understand," I stammered, though I seriously did not want to talk about what I was going to.

"Oh, well then enlighten me," he snapped, gray eyes peering at me. He looked fucking furious and I just wanted to cry on the spot. I bet I looked pretty white for a Mexican right now.

"The last man my mom married ended up beating us all! He tried to cut my mother's throat, that's why she has the tattoo there! I don't want her to get hurt again, or Mike. I-I can't go through all that again."

I was trying so hard not to cry. This was so unlike me; I never cried, ever. Not even when all the stuff with David happened did I cry. The only time I have actually cried as more of a grown up child is when my father died.

"That doesn't give you the fucking right to look through all my- our, stuff!" Kellin yelled, though his voice cracked slightly.

I whispered, "I'm sorry..."

"Go to your fucking room or something," Kellin said at an average volume, all emotion draining from his voice.

I quickly shut the box and went to put it back in the closet but he stopped me, telling me to leave it.

"O-Okay," stuttering, I wondered back to my room quickly. There wasn't long left until the party so I should get ready.

The tears the began to spill down my face said othewise. I hated being yelled at and crying would only last a little while, but I still hurt inside a bit.

♡ ♢ ♡ ♢

Awwwwwww

There will be Kellic soon I promise

Also Danielle liked and commented on my painting "😍😍😍 thank you it's beautiful. Thank you thank you thank you" and idk I'm just so happy

I cried for a full hour locked in my bathroom yesterday so I know how Vic's feeling poor boy

Pls comment lots hajsja if you do ill update tomorrow/ as soon as I can

I love you guys!

- Ace ✌

#happybirthdaydanielle

#poorvic #poorkellintootbh

#kellicwillcome #andsowillvic

Feel free to add your own tags ;)