Eleven

There was still a while left until the wedding. It was nearing the end of January and had now been a few weeks since I had decided to push Kellin away.

Since then, everything was just as boring as it was before mom told me she was getting married again. School went by quickly each day, though while I was actually in school things seemed so slow. I didn't really fit in to any typical stereotypes. I was so average, had good grades, a few friends, a sense of humour, but I was barely noticed by anyone; it was like I was invisible there.

I think that's why the very brief time Kellin had wanted me for was why I was beginning to miss him. It was crazy, I barely knew him at all so I didn't think I was developing feelings for him, but I certainly wanted to kiss him again.

If only our parents weren't getting married.

Fuck that. I need to find out more about this Adam guy. I need to find out where Kellin's mother is and whether or not Adam is right to marry my mom.

This was nothing to do with how I felt about Kellin, this was about David.

'David'. I shivered at his name, growing angrier by the second. Oh, I longed for the day I'd be able to beat his ass and return the fucking favor.

See, David was the man my mom married after dad died.

He was okay at first, until the alcohol started and he got more aggressive towards us and eventually started hitting all three of us. That's when I decided to convince my mom to leave him.

Long story short, she did in the end and here we are, two years later, and she's getting married to someone new.

I wondered how I could find out about him. Honestly, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to spend personal time with him quite yet so I thought more about things like searching his computer of nicking his phone or something. Maybe there was boxes or stuff in the attic that would help me discover more.

He was apparently a video game designer?

Hm.

That lead me on to think about Kellin and his jobs. Kellin is a grown man, kinda, with two jobs. Some days he did professional hairdressing and most evenings of the week, he apparently works at some bar. On top of all that, he was doing all that extra schooling meaning he always had an excuse for not joining the rest of the family downstairs.

His birthday was in a few days, maybe I should get him something? That way I could try to get him to like me without melting at his feel and telling him I wanted him in the way he had wanted me before.

I was lying on the couch, the only other people home being Kellin and my mom. Adam was at work and Mike was obviously out with Alysha.

That's another thing. Recently, Tony, Jaime and Alex had suddenly become close with Mike again. Danielle was closest to Mike of all my friends, and Alex had been second until now. Jaime and Tony barely talked to me at all and Alex didn't know what was going on and so he found a new friend.

This new friend was the fuckboy, Jack Barakat.

I sighed.

I wanted to do something, anything, except I had no talent so finding something to do always turned out to be a challenge. My mom started singing from the kitchen and I decided I may as well go and see her.

Getting up from the warmth I had built up on the couch, I frowned, walking through the little hallways until I was in the kitchen.

"Hey," I sighed when she started air-guitaring, causing her to spin round.

"Phew," she laughed, "Thought you were Adam or Kellin then. Let me guess, you're bored?"

I nodded and she looked round at the clock, "I'm still in the process of making lunch so you can't eat. Why don't you go and talk to Kellin?"