Ten

"How about something good for once," I rolled my eyes, "Like... The Winter Soldier."

Danielle shook her head, "You're only saying that because you're in love with Bucky."

"Not true!" I tried to fight back, causing them both to give me looks with their eyebrows half furrowed.

"Okay... The thing about loving Bucky is true," I mumbled, "But that's not the only reason I wanna watch the film."

They nodded, Danielle rolling her eyes and trying back the the big pile of movies she was looking through. She was bent down, crouching by the cabinets under the TV. Alex was on the sofa to my left with who knows how many snacks.

"And you're sure Adam won't mind us being here?" Alex asked, looking at me.

"Yeah, he said yesterday that I should feel free to have friends round and treat this like it was my own house. At least I'm not, like, Mike who has millions of friends who are party crazed or addicted to something."

Danielle nodded, "True. Where is everyone anyway?"

"Oh, Adam and my mom are out and Mike is with Alysha."

"When is he not?" Alex sighed and Dani and I laughed lightly, though it was clear we were both worried about Mike.

"Let's just start the film. Chris Evans ain't gonna kick ass on his own."

"He has Falcon and Natasha. I'm sure he's fine without us for a few moments," I rolled my eyes.

"Besides, Cap's mad love for Bucky is everlasting and that's the real reason were here, am I right?" Alex commented and tilted my head.

"True."

Danielle laughed, eyes scrunching up at the sides, "I can't believe you guys ship them together."

"I can't believe you don't," Alex and I shot back at nearly the same time causing Dani to shake her head.

-

It was about a third into the movie when we heard a creaking noise coming from the stairs. I had told Alex and Danielle to stop yelling and screaming in fear even though I had forgotten about the big boy upstairs.

"What the fuck...?" He mumbled, stopping halfway down the stairs to look at us.

I blushed.

"Who's..." Danielle started before she remembered and her eyes widened ever so slightly, her eyebrows raising.

"More importantly," Kellin cut her off, "Why are those two here."

He was directing the question towards me even though he didn't look my way at first. It looked as though he were sizing the other two up. He didn't look impressed.

"They're my friends... I- Adam said I could have them over, so I'm having them over," I stated and Kellin came down the stairs without a word, soon walking to the living room. Though, he could be making his way to the kitchen, seeing as the small hall leading there was to the left of this room.

"I'm Alex," Lex spoke up for himself, "And this is Danielle."

He nodded, "Oh, I know Danielle. She csomes by occasionally when I do Alysha's hair."

Danielle recognised his when she said this and her mouth opened slightly.

The air wasn't awkward, it was just full of... tension.

"So you're allowed to invite people round on the second day of living here? To my house?"

I looked up at him, "It's my house too now."