Twelve

"Is that what you wanted?" Alex rolled his eyes as he handed Jack a bag. Jack looks in the bad. Jack nods.

"Yes," he says nonchalantly, "It is."

Alex waits a moment for him to say thank you, or anything really, but when he realised that Jack will remain silent, he sighs, sitting down at the desk in front of Jack's, who was sitting in the desk to my right.

Why he insisted Jack sit with us in English was beyond me.

"Uh..." Mr Urie peered down at the sheet in his hand. See, he was a substitute teacher, though rumour had it that our teacher was very ill and that Mr Urie may even be taking over our English lessons soon.

However, he was rather nervous. He had these glasses that he hated putting on and wore these waistcoats and dress pants. A few people made fun of him behind his back but I thought he was pretty cool. Hot, too. We bet all our good money that he had the hots for Mr Ross, the calm art teacher down the hall.

"Right... Today we're learning about..." Mr Urie's eyes were still sweeping across the sheet, having no idea what he was supposed to teach us without reading the cover work that had been set for us, "Hold up. Sorry."

He blushed, heading to the door where he opened it, standing in the way so that it wouldn't shut and looking out at the school hallways.

The class was completely- well, mostly- oblivious to him as they continued chatting, a few throwing paper around. In one corner I even saw people making out.

This was ridiculous. Teenagers were ridiculous.

Being round Kellin made me feel immature and childish, though now being surrounded by idiots my age, I remember how before I met Kellin, I felt like I was much more mature thank everyone else here.

"Hey, Ry," Mr Urie blushed as he beckoned someone over, Mr Ross soon appearing in sight.

Mr Urie muttered something to him, to which a smile appeared on his face.

"Don't be silly, Bren," Mr Ross laughed, gently taking the sheet from Mr Urie's hands and reading it over quickly. I assume he had no class right now, othewise he'd get in a lot of trouble for walking away from a class he was teaching just to help out Mr Urie.

"Right, so start of with this task," he pointed to a section on the sheet, Mr Urie nodding sheepishly, "And then move to the main task. Before the main task, you gotta move through the slides and talk about what's on them. Got that?"

Mr Urie, Bren, whatever his name was, nodded gratefully, looking at the other man in slight adoration, "Thanks..."

He seemed genuinely embarrassed and I sympathised for him.

"No problem, see you around...?" Mr Ross asked hopefully and Mr Urie nodded with a small smile, taking the sheet from him and reading it over once more while mumbling.

"Yeah, hopefully."

But Mr Ross had left by the time Mr Urie turned round, seeing an empty corridor.

He sighed, turning round and easily getting our attention.

"Alright, so!"

-

That was the final class for the day. Had I learnt anything in it? No, because I had spent the whole time fantasising about Mr Ross and Mr Urie together. Not, like, sex or anything, god no. I just meant... imagining how cute they'd be on a date or something.
Mr Ross, Ry, seemed very assuring around Mr Urie. Ry Ross? Was Ry short for Ryan? Ryan Ross. That seemed familiar, I think that was it.