Seventeen

I wake up and groan at the uncomfortable position I find myself in, lying on the mattress on my front with one arm stretched high above my head and the other twisted round a bit so it was on my lower back.

I moved so that I could curl into a ball and felt the sudden warm contact of someone else's body. Kellin. I was in Kellin's bed.

I attempted to open my eyes, everything stinging as I forced myself to look at my surroundings. Like I thought, I was lying in Kellin's bed, Kellin being asleep right next to me. Seriously, I was inches away from being on top of him.

Moving up so that my head was on the pillow, I closed my eyes again and faced the sleeping boy, trying to fall back into the deep sleep I had been in moments ago.

After about five minutes, just as I was slipping deeper and deeper into a new dream, I was woken up by an arm wrapping round me and pulling me into a warm embrace.

I groaned again, forcing myself to open my eyes as I looked up at Kellin, who briefly caught my eye before shutting his and trying to go back to sleep with me in his arms. Hah, he acts so badass all the time.

I'm laughing but more seriously, I loved being in his arms. It gave me butterflies and he still smelt strongly of cologne.

His black hair was sprawled all over the pillow, it being rather long, and covering some of his face; his little round yet triangular nose was pinkish; his pretty lips were held in a small smile as he reached, keeping his eyes closed, placing a hand on my face and pushing me down so that I was lying down again. I guess I must have sat up abesntmindedly.

When he kept his hand on my face, I huffed. We remained like this, his hand on my fucking face, for another minute or so until he started chuckling, it obviously being far too funny for him to contain his laugher.

I gently pushed his hand away, rolling my eyes and looking up at him.

"I thought you were supposed to be the mature one?" I commented and he shook his head.

"Nah, dude, I'm just older and cooler."

"When you're not tripping down the stairs or getting jealous over Justin," I remarked and he grew slightly more serious.

"Don't talk about Justin."

"You said he was straight," I mumbled, remembering from the second time I saw Kellin. Although I had ignored what he just said about talking about his friend, he shrugged.

"I thought he was. And I'm not that clumsy..." he trailed off at the end, though we both knew he was- at least from what I could tell. So far he tripped down the stairs, spilt alcohol all over himself and recently also dropped a plate. I found it highly amusing, whereas everyone else thought he was silly.

"Why did you start making out with my best friend?" Kellin spoke up, restarting the conversation after a moment, causing me to bite my lip.

"I'm not sure," I sighed truthfully,"I guess he's hot... and I desperately wanted someone to kiss, and to top it all off you were being a big prick so I guess it just seemed like something I thought I wanted to do."

Kellin frowned slightly, "Do you like Justin?"

No need to be jealous, Kellin, I just slept in the same bed as you after you claimed I'd never sleep in here again without having you fuck me first.

"In what way?"

"The way you like me," he said sassily, knowing I was playing dumb. I felt myself blushing and my awkwardness returned, causing me to shake my head.

"Not in the way I like you, Quinn."

He nodded as if he were thinking it over himself, "Good."

I looked over at him and he smirked playfully, moving so that he was hovering over me and gazing down at my face.