Twenty Six

The first time I ever met Kellin, he was full of sarcasm, spoke for me in our conversations to fill the gaps and knew exactly what I was thinking. Nothing had changed about any of that. Kellin was particularly skilled at thinking before acting, which I didn't realise at times.

I had taken him to my room as my mother had requested and sure enough, he managed to lead our conversation exactly where he wanted to start, I don't know, seducing me. And quickly too.

It was almost immediately after meeting me that he kissed me. He even commanded me to kiss back, which I didn't exactly protest against. I'd noticed that Kellin was very fond of intimacy, with me and lovers at least. He always had a dominant hand on my back or leg, or was kissing me, or even holding me those few times at night. I knew it was nothing personal, it was just his nature. My guess was that it was due to him cutting himself off from his family and feeling neglected by his mother- he still craved the attention so he seeked it through this said intimacy, hence all the sexual partners his father mentioned.

I wonder if Kellin would still fuck different guys every night if I wasn't around. Of course, of course he would. It was who he was.

That lead my thoughts to one thing that had been on my mind constantly.

I didn't know anything about Kellin. I had no idea what any of his interests were, why he had so many jobs, who his friends were and what they were all like and also... Justin. From what I'd gathered, Kellin seemed like he'd react the same if any of his friends had done what Justin did, it just happened to be him.

I couldn't deny that the thought of Kellin's friends worried me. The twenty year old, as I had said, was like a closed book. He always masked his emotions with expertise, except for when he got angry, and was very cunning. The more I thought about it, the smarter he seemed.

What really troubled me was that his friends could all be potentially dangerous.

He could potentially be dangerous.

"We're nearly there."

Kellin's smooth voice cut me out of my thoughts, causing me to look up innocently at the boy in the driver's seat, who was focused on the road, face blank. He chewed on his lip, surprisingly looking younger than ever now that his shades were off and tucked into his pocket, revealing his big childish eyes.

He seemed almost angelic sitting there, the stench of cigarettes that polluted the car and the tattoos that lined his arms doing little the corrupt it. When I looked over at him now, I finally saw the teenager he was when I met him a few months ago.

Of course, he was twenty now, but I knew deep down he was still a child.

A pang in my gut told me not to say anything, the fear of upsetting him like I did this morning returning as I looked back out of the windscreen, watching as we drove silently down the motorway. The hum of the car was all I could hear until Kellin's fingers reached over and pressed play on whatever CD was currently in the car and to no surprise, that band Copeland he loved so much started playing.

He let out a small sigh as his fingers drummed against the steering wheel.

My eyes shifted over awkwardly to watch, Kellin's eyes doing the same until he was peeking at me from the corner of his eye.

I turned my head and looked out of the window to my right, hearing Kellin start humming along to the radio.

"You're doing a lot of thinking, huh?"

I frowned, turning to look back at him.

"I, uh... yeah, I guess..."

His lips twitched into a sly smile, though his eyes didn't seem playful.