4: "Catacombs?"

Annabel's outfit in this chapter, is based off Nia Lovelis' from Hey Violets music video, "I can feel it," on YouTube.
•••

I wake early in the morning, 5:04 to be exact. I can't sleep for some unknown reason, it's probably the fact that I don't have a clue what to write about for the Term-one project. Last year I was all over the idea of writing about Greek mythology  but this year? Not a single intelligent running through the 10% active part of my brain.

Striding over my closet, I grab baby blue overalls, a tight fit crop top underneath with baby pandas printed on and a pair of black converse. I style my shoulder length waves into a high ponytail to the top of my head, then grab my satchel from my room, heading out to visit the local Café for a warm Chai Latte before class.

I walk in the dark sky that's so bright in daylight and the cold winds that are usually warm.

Smelling the coffee aroma, I line up in the short queue, pay for my drink and sit down in a table to the corner of the Coffee shop.

Leaning my head against the lukewarm glass, I drink my latte until I see Nina, dressed in black leggings, a spaghetti strapped top, with a loose tie dye shirt over the top and ballet flat styled shoes.

She sits at the table in front of me while drinking her Aqua water, "You know you missed Dance class this morning right? Our teacher isn't very impressed."

"I'm sorry, I forgot that Dance started again today... Wait what time is it?"

"8am." She breathes, "Are you okay, Belle you don't look to good."

Wow, I've been here for three hours.
"I didn't sleep last night" I confess.

"You should go home, I'll tell Mr. Matthews that you aren't coming in for the morning. Be back at lunch though." She places her hand over mine and smiles.

"Okay. Can you come to Dance class for half an hour after school?"

She nods and stands from the cushioned seat, "I've got to go. PE starts in twenty minutes."

I shake my head up and down, before heading back home for a few hours rest.

***

"Belle, I'm so glad you're here!" Lydia yells across the full cafeteria before hugging me. "PE was possibly worst hour and half I've experienced all year. Emma hit me twice in the stomach with  a football and it had to be the day Aunt Flo visited, right?"

I laughed as I sat down at the table, "What happened?"

Noah was the first to speak, "she fell on the floor and groaned in agony for about ten minutes. She also tripped Emma over for hitting her and they both got sent to the nurse. Obviously Queen B got the special treatment."

"Good one, Lydia!" I hysterically giggle and suddenly I get a sharp pain shoot in my waist, making me wince.

"Hey, jelly bean, you okay? You look a little pale." He places his hand on my shoulder.

"I know," Nina cuts in, "She looked the same this morning."

"I'm fine!" I say, "I just didn't sleep well. Are we still on for dance tonight?"

Nina nods and turns her head to the side in confusion. I don't know what she's trying to figure out but realisation pangs in her eyes.