9: "Dont tell her!"

Right now, you'd think that I would be having an existential crisis about dance or school, but in this very second, I couldn't give a damn.

I lay on my bed, eating chicken burger and fries from a nearby takeout while watching an episode of Pretty Little Liars.
That is until Candice walks into my room and throws my remaining fries into my bin.

"What the hell!" I shout across the room as she grabs my remote from my bed and pauses the television.

"Why didn't you tell me you were failing English Belle! Mom's gonna go ballistic if she finds out you got a C on your exam papers, you are a star student! You are supposed to get A's!" She screams.

Instead of replying to her comment, I stand up and start walking to the door before she stops me yet again.
"Where do you think you're going? We are not finished!"

"Well I am." I smile at her, "frankly, I don't care to talk to you if you're going to shout at me like mother would, I'm going to Noah's, bye"

As I pick up an outfit for the next day, Candice spits "I am nothing like mother."

***

I knock on Noah's door and is greeted by himself for once, usually it has always been his beautiful blonde mother with her pristine dressers and sharp lipstick covering a soft smile. His father was never really there, he was always working at his business or in his home office, sorting out paperworks and letters. His mother, Hanna was working too at a daycare centre a few miles away from here but it was only part time.

"Hey, what are you doing here? It's ten o'clock," He asks as he pulls out his headphones and places them inside his pyjama pants pocket.

"Well my sister is not happy about my falling grades, therefore she's acting like a mad woman. I don't know how she can talk, she gets F's on every subject."

"I understand, I'm always getting shouted at by my father for not having A's even though my B's are pretty good. They always expect too much of me... and you."

I nod. "I'll go get the comforter from the couch, you can sleep on my bed, I'll sleep on the Sofa bed in the living room."

"Thanks" I smile as he heads upstairs and I stand in the doorway awkwardly.
Minutes later, Noah treads downstairs to tell me it's done and I head upstairs.
Collapsing as my much needed sleep follows.

When I wake that morning, I stretch my arms, and look around not sure of my surroundings before I realise I'm T my friends. I reach up and tap my arm on snooze even though it is eleven am; it is Saturday so I decide take advantage on the fact that I don't have to be up at seven am.

After fifteen minutes, I downstairs in my rabbit onesie and frizzy hair, into the kitchen where I can smell fresh sausages grilling.

"Hey," he answers as I sit down onto the kitchen stool and grab a plate, filling it with cooked sausages, fresh bacon and perfectly toasted bread. "Thanks" I say.

As I eat my last piece of bacon, I toss the plate into the sink. "I'll wash it once I get dressed."

Grabbing my overnight bag, I grab my woolly cardigan, a black ribbed top, leggings and my pair of brown lace up boots. I watch the glassy rain trickle down the window as I take seat on the edge of Noah's bed.

Completely focused, I don't realise that Lydia's number has flashed on my phone eight times. Oh crap.

I pick up my phone and dial her number before I place it against my pierced ears.
"Belle! I have being calling you for the past half an hour. I was worrying." She shouts into my ear and I feel as if she is pulling her dark blonde hair from the roots like she usually does when she gets irritated.