5: "I know more than you think"

•••

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

I've been staring at the metal clock for about twenty minutes now. No sign of Caleb so that means I can't talk to anyone. All I can do is listen to music or read my Pretty Little Liars book but I'm not in the mood for anything. I'm more focused on my dance recital tonight rather than other things.

"Hey," Caleb waves his hand side to side in front of mine as I stare at the broken cream-coloured walls, having a literal existential crisis. What if there's a parallel universe? What if we're the actual aliens of the planet? What if we— My thoughts are instantly cut off my Caleb yelling earth to belle in my ear.

"Give it a rest," I finally speak and Caleb looks at me in surprise.

"Your actually alive! For a minute I thought you were actually dead."

"Oh ha-ha" I fake laugh, "can you go somewhere else. I'm thinking about important stuff here!"

"Like what? How much sugar is in Coca Cola and how bad it is for everyone?"

"How'd you guess?" I play him.

"That's what you were actually thinking about? Damn I'm—"

"You're awful. And no not really. I'm not as boring as you think."

"Oh really? You read Edgar Allan Poe and live for his work. You, Belle, need to play a prank on someone. Trust me; it'll do you good."

Nothing you ever do can be good. My inner voice speaks.

"Unless you are a wuss and can't handle it." He smirks at me and I roll my eyes for what seems like the eleventh time today and stand up. "Come on then, let's do it." I say before I change my mind.

"I dare you to... Duck Tape the professors feet and arms to the chair."

What? He dares me to violate a teacher while he's sleeping? Actually, that's a good idea. Our professor is supposed to be supervising us and at the moment he's snoring as mumbling incoherent things.
He should be doing his job.

"Let's do it." I speak and Caleb smiles at me and grabs several duck tapes out of his bag. "You'll need this too," he takes out an air horn. Classic.

I roughly tear a piece of the material and gently wrap it around the professors arms.

Caleb helps me with the feet and we both stop and sit still as the teacher twitches. He's back to snoring in a matter of seconds and we continue to tape him as soon as we know he's deep in asleep.

"Done!" We shout until laughing at each other. However, the Detention 'supervisor' is still asleep. Plan B.

I take out my airhorn from my overall pockets and squeeze the top, forming a loud, ringing noise to echo across the room. Emma and Poppy scream and the rock teenagers don't move, still humming to the lyrics of a popular song by Pink Floyd.

The professors bald head burns a wine red colour as he attempts to stand, soon releasing he's stuck as he falls onto a desk.

"Go!" Caleb shouts as he hurls us out of the room, both running through the empty hallways as we giggle and chuckle together. We collapse onto the pavement and just stare at each other.

"That was... Fun!" I laugh. My giggle soon fades as I glance at my gold chain watch.

"Crap! I've got dance practise in ten minutes!" I grab my bag.

"Do you want me to drive you there?" He offers and I immediately respond with yes.

I rush into his Black Audi and he drives off.