16: "I think I may... Love you?"

The new 5sos EP "Girls Talk Boys" 😍
Available on Spotify.
COPYRIGHT.
Sorry for the delay. School studies and I'm writing an upcoming book :).

Two days later...

"Is there life on Mars?"

The question pops into my head as my music track list blares through my charcoal speakers.

If there is life on Mars like Bowie had quoted years ago and planet scientologists had wondered for a while, why are we still on a planet full of hatred and war? The most obvious explanation is that the living conditions are damaging to us, our bodies, but how come we have survived on the earth with such extremities. We have all had physical and emotional effects on us at one point. World War I, II were corruptive yet some of us from that era are still here.

The world will not let us travel to other planets and learn but allow war to take place in our own?

I walk over to the CD player and flip the switch upwards so that it is off. I shuffle into my white slip on shoes and slide into a fine knit cardigan in beige.

I have not seen Caleb in two days, he hasn't decided to show up at school and I don't think that he'd want me around. Especially after the way I left him. God, I feel guilty.

The house is completely quiet considering mother is at work and Candice is sleeping peacefully. The doctors simply said that she had taken a commonly abused drug called 'Benzodiazepine', often remembered as benzo. A psychoactive drug that is sometimes put into drinks but is meant to be used for anxiety and other mental illnesses.

She is perfectly fine now, apart from the fear of going to parties. A particularly good thing in my opinion.

It's six am and I'm getting dressed. I place my legs into my skinny jeans and a striped top with straps. I slide into a pair of chuck Taylor's and throw a cream knitted jumper over my head.

I grasp my blonde hair into my hand and put it into a low braid, trailing down my warm back. I'm dressing casually today, no heels or jumpsuits like usual for school, I don't think any one would be bothered if I showed up in an orange jumpsuit for class and turned out to be on probation.

Strolling downstairs, I grab my old purse and check my money inside. $4.59. Just enough for a latte...

***

The rain drips down the window like a leaking tap. The drops are scattered across the surface evenly, it's so peaceful and warm in here. From just laying my head on the window, I can feel the cool temperature and negativity outside. Parents shouting, teenage boys fighting, Babies crying.

"Belle?" A sudden voice startles me and I jump slightly in surprise. I look up to see Caleb, his chocolate hair swept behind his tanned ears. His piercing eyes focused on my face.

"Hmm?" I ask with raised eyebrows and eyes wide. He laughs and shows his porcelain like teeth, his pink blush lips stretching over them.

"I haven't seen you for a while," his body slides into the space beside me, "and I want to say sorry for how I shouted at you. But I'm better now, I swear." My instinct believes that he is partly lying but I ignore my thoughts.

"Sarah, An espresso to go please," Caleb asks and a copper haired woman nods his way and struts over to the coffee machine.