28: "To a better place."

Months later...

You'd think not much can happen between the space of three months, to the contrary; that fact is absolutely untrue. Here I walk barefoot down the middle of the road, not caring whether cars are driving near me. All I can hear is the silence of an autumn night, but inside my messed up mind, there's a war between two: life and death. My vision fuzzes at the dark thoughts circling my mind as my feet burn with fire and pain. My black, sorrow tears roll with justice of defeat until there's nothing left inside.
You may be wondering why I am feeling so melancholy so suddenly with no context. Thing is, you never really understand what's going on behind closed doors; if you did, where's the human nature in that? Nobody knows each detail of your life. I won't explain as many of those voices tell me that it isn't relevant. Nobody knows why that girl is so "depressed" using the word as though it's just an emotion when it's a cry for help. Why? Because everybody is too infatuated in their own lives to help others, even if they so called love them. None of this matters. People always manipulate you and cause heartbreak like it's wanted; this is why many don't realise what they've done until it's too late. It's a very difficult chapter of my life. Chapter 28- the part I realised nobody really cares about me as a person. Don't get me wrong, I can be happy but there's a constant twisting feeling of sadness in my pit of my stomach that can not be taken away by pain medication. The doctors don't prescribe pills for your mentality so that you can feel better, just your physicality; as though being freed of a chest infection will affect me, the only thing that mental pain can be helped with is: Love.

Where is the love?

If people felt that surge of care and security within each other, I wouldn't be this way.

To Caleb:
I love you, I always will but I must stay away for a while to keep sane.

To Lydia:
You betrayed me but none of this matters.

To mother:
Thank you for the wonderful times you have given me though you're stressed mostly due to everybody's high expectations of you.

To: Blue
Thank you for wonderful moments.

To Valerie:
I thank your kindness and devotion towards me, I'm truly grateful.

To: Candice
Keep out of trouble. Popularity wears off when you're in a jail cell for immoral behaviour and actions. Don't try to fit in, be the young woman mother and I have hoped you to become. I love you.

And finally to me, Annabel Hastings:
Take life as it comes and don't care what others think of you. You are your own person, don't thrive to be somebody else. Chances are, their life isn't glamorous either.

The cool wind needles through strands of my blonde locks as the silence enlightens me. Lifting me up from my troubles and guiding me towards a peaceful future: where love is inevitable and continuous.

The only place my heart lies.

Now, that's a secret I have to keep.