23: "All I Need Is Love."

~ Just a little filler, the next chapter will be 2000+ words ~

Five days till Christmas Day is finally here, six days until the festive stock is out of stores, eleven days till another year arrives; hopefully this one is better than my previous year.

The snow sprinkles my hair as I walk down the calm street. Small snowflakes swift gracefully side to side before landing on the ground, coated with a thick layer of icing sugar.

I take a small sip of my hot chocolate before I plant my body onto the wooden bench on the top of a hill nearby. You can see everything from here; the clouds, the small houses packed together and apartments, even the small people beneath.

"Can I sit?" My thoughts are suddenly sidetracked as I look to the side, Noah.

"Sure." It's not as if you'd listen to me if I said no anyway. I mentally add yet I don't say it aloud.

His widening shoulders lean into the bench and he shoves his hair from his forehead and towards the crown of his head. "You been okay the past few days?" He asks and takes a small pill from the palm of his hand, he immediately takes my curious eye into consideration, "Restoril."

"Since when?" I know Restoril as a drug used for insomnia; to help you fall and stay asleep; my father used to take it as he was constantly awake, worrying about work the next day.

"I would have told you but you were too busy kissing that boyfriend of yours." He speaks with a tone I can only recognise as anger and frustration, "You left me and never came back."

"There was a reason for that. You kissed someone who deliberately tried to kill me, I'm not going to be happy about it!" I have now received a permanent frown, stained like an old tattoo or a heart on a sleeve.

"You almost murdered Emma, do you remember that Belle?" He spits, vile.

"It wasn't on purpose, why are you even here if you're going to interrogate me? I hope this is not you 'sorting it out' because you're doing terribly." I jump up from my marked seat and begin to walk off until I feel a firm grasp on my small wrist. "Don't leave me."

"What is there to stay for? All you're going to do is accuse me of everything. Call me when you've gone back to the caring friend I used to love." With that, I walk down the steep steps imprinted within the long green grass.

***

"You know I would never leave you," a whiny audible voice says from my television on top of my dark brown cabinet, I almost laugh at the ironic and cliché line. Stuffing a bunch of small strawberries into my mouth, I scroll through my Instagram feed. There are so many pics of friends hanging out together, without me, maybe they forgot? 'Why would they invite you? You're an awful person and nobody wants you around' , my inner devil remarks and I almost pull my hair out in frustration.

I haven't posted in three months, the last picture was a picture of my sister Candice holding my little brother, smiling as if she's trying to convince others and hide all her inner sadness and secrets. She's never been an open book; she's has a certain, mysterious agenda that lingers around a trail of hope. You can totally get lost in her eyes, they hold so much... anticipation. I understand how Dylan can like her, she's not like the other girls, she has an opinion and will gladly protest it without thinking about others. She doesn't keep up with trends, she keeps up with reality.

I hear a quiet knock on my door and incomes the last person I expected to see, Lydia.

"What are you doing here?" I try to sound infuriated but I can no longer, I have been putting up such a border lately and using all my energy to deal with this stress, I can't feel this anger anymore.

"We need to speak." She slumps down onto the desk chair, examining her chipped fingernails, remnants of old turquoise nail polish scattered throughout.

"I lied," She mumbles and looks up at me, as I take a sip of strawberry water.

"I figured," My heart is racing for an unknown reason, I wish my anxiety would just stop corrupting my life.

"I lied about the pregnancy, I lied about ever having a living breathing baby inside of me. I shouldn't have done it but I was so scared of you that day, Annabel. You have no idea."

I took a short gasp, "You lied about being pregnant? Do you realise how sick you are for ever saying that? This would never have happened if you just found a boyfriend of your own, what lured you to mine, the fact that he didn't belong to you? You have a thing for taken things don't you, I remember when we were twelve, that time you stole $100 from your mothers boss just because he called you an inconsiderate child. Or that time you dated you kissed Nina in—"

"Don't even mention that Belle! That was a mistake." She immediately retorts.

"What are you gonna do? Scream when we get in a fight and come up with another sick excuse?" I spit by now I'm face to face with the angry, restless woman I used to know as my best friend.

"I'm so sorry! I won't do it again." By now she's on her knees pleading for forgiveness. All of a sudden, my eyes involuntarily begin to water and a cool shiver rolls up my spine, salty droplets leak from my eyes and I begin to wrap my arms around myself. When Lydia wraps her arms around my shaking body, I have no willpower to push her away and neglect any form of love. She rests her head on my weak shoulder and I wrap my long around hers.

 She rests her head on my weak shoulder and I wrap my long around hers

All I need is love.