26: "Illuminated blue"

34 Honeymoon avenue.
I stroll down the unknown street, my short boot heels clicking against the grey pavement. I've never been to this side of town before, but so far, I'm pretty impressed. Each house has a front porch with fresh green grass, surrounding the tens of planted flowers, yellow roses (a representative of happiness and friendship) and pink tulips.

The glorious moon dawns above the cream and brown toned homes, creating a spectacular contrast.

When I reach Blue's house, I hastily knock on the door; I've never been comfortable at spending time at friends homes, I have never felt comfortable in anyone else's home other than my own.

All of a sudden, a warm smell of a French vanilla candle whiffs through my nostrils. God, I love that smell.
"Belle, You came!" Encasing my frame into a friendly hug, Valerie sure was right when she told me Blue was a hugger.

"Course I did," I grin and take a few minutes to inspect her home. The hallways are painted cool blue, a few paintings and portraits hung off small silver screws. One that really captured my eye was a painting of a woman, who looked like a younger version of Blue. Maybe thirteen or fourteen years of age. It's detail amazed me to an extent that no words could describe it. Blue's naturally deep brown hair was swept up into a loose bun, face framing bangs swept to the right. Her eyes glossed with joy, her cheeks full with life and her nose traced to perfection.
"Who drew this of you, Blue?"

"Oh... that was my mom. She is an incredibly talented artist, her creativity was something that never faltered. I just don't understand how she made me look so beautiful like that when I'm not." She looked down at her fiddling fingers and then released the tension between them, "Come on— Vee probably cannot wait to see you."

She takes my hand and leads me up the carpeted stairs— It has been three years since I had my last sleepover with Lydia and Nina, but as you can see: Lydia hasn't done me the best of favours since and Nina is no where to be seen.

As I enter Blue's room, I'm immediately taken back by the amazing interior architecture. The walls are painted with azure blue and bordered with white gloss, long pieces of thin plastic, which are also attached with wooden pegs, hang small Polaroid photographs.

Her bed is tall with thin lace curtain style sheets to surround her when she sleeps, silk pink sheets and Egyptian cotton pillows covered with faux fur.

Valerie looks stunning as per. Her natural hair is styled into boxer braids either side of her head, a blue silk wraparound headband sitting on her head. Lips are splashed watermelon red and her eyes are lined with gold gel liner. As soon as Vee sees my shadow loitering around the door, she arises from the bed and encases her long arms around my frame. "Annabel! I'm so glad you came!" I squeeze her as we long to hug.

Releasing her hold, she pats down the area empty on the bed beside a shiny, silver Apple Mac Laptop. I take my seat "What are you working on?"

"Well, that's the just the essence of what I'm doing tonight. If I can, I would like to take some creative snaps of you from my Polaroid camera, but I will be fiddling with a few special effects my photography teacher assigned me to try out. If you don't mind?" She ponders as she collects her pastel Polaroid from the glass table beside her.

"Well I'm not the prettiest sight, but— I guess you can. Just don't let anyone else see these," I smile anxiously, removing my bag from the tip of my shoulder, combing my fingers through my hair to remove any existing knots.