Chapter 18: Guessing..?

Autumn's P.O.V. (wearing this)

Harry was explaining about the diary and what he has seen last night. It's enchanted, of course, the diary is. The writing just appears and disappears, then reappears. A different phrase each time. That's not really what typical diaries do...but then again, nothing is typical in my life. 

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets years ago." Harry stressed. 

"It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be." Hermione said in disbelief. 

"Harry, honestly, do you really believe it was Hagrid?!" I raised my eyebrow.

"We don't even know who this Tom Riddle is. He sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me." Ron said.

"The monster has killed somebody, Ron. What would any of us have done?" Harry asked. We all stopped. 

"Look. Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?" Hermione suggested, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. 

"That'll be a cheerful visit." Ron said, sarcastically.

"Yeah. It would be sort of like: Hi Hagrid, tell us. Have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?" I demonstrated. 

"Mad and hairy?" A booming voice said from behind me. "You wouldn't be talking about me, now, would ya?" It was Hagrid.

"No." We all said at the same time, a gulp heard from Ron.

There was a bit of tension. No one knew what to say. It was apparent that Ron was gulping like there's no tomorrow. Hermione couldn't speak in general. And Harry was looking around to figure out what to say, to change the subject. Finally, I  noticed something Hagrid was holding. 

"What's that you've got, Hagrid?" I asked, seeing the look of relief on Harry, Ron, and Hermione's faces. 

"Oh. This is flesh-eating Slug Repellent. For the Mandrakes, you know. Now, according to Professor Sprout, there is still a little growin' up to do..." He was saying some sort of process. "...and we'll get those people in the hospital unpetrified.In the meantime though, you three best be looking after yourselves, alright?" He raised his eyebrows. The four of us nodded quickly. Hagrid walked away and we saw Neville, Longbottom, running towards us. 

"Harry!" He said, panting. "I dunno who did it, but you better come. C'mon!"

Harry looked confused, but we all ran after Neville.

We ended up in Harry's dorm. Everything was messed up, completely. There was broken glass all over the place and papers crumpled up everywhere. 

"It had to be a Gryffindor. No one else knows the password." Hermione reasoned. 

"Unless it wasn't a student." I suggested.

"Whoever it was, they must have been looking for something." Ron guessed.

"They found it." Harry told us. "Tom Riddle's diary is gone." 

A/N: Update, update, update, another update!! HAHA, anyways, thanks for reading and everything. Please comment more and suggest! thank you all so much! <3