19...

Annabeth's Pov:

Percy was at full throttle, he was ordering and showing our side of the campers what to do, and how to do it. No one dared to question him, not even Zeus. He had that power of authority, that no one dared to challenge. The authority he possessed was new, he didn't really like taking control, well okay, he liked being in control but not often. I am going to say it was nice to see this side of Percy... But when you got to look into his eyes, it was easy to see the fear that was swirling in his sea-green eyes.

There was a pause in the training, everyone went to go eat and relax. Percy went to the lake and sat on the beach. I followed.

"Hello, Seaweed Brain." I start off as I sit next to him.

Percy looks at me and smiles softly, then looks back at the water.

"Annabeth... I'm scared."

He whispers.

"Why?"

"I shouldn't be able to drown, I know I went through this before. But Gaea took all the oxygen out of my body again..." He elaborates.

"The best way to get over a fear is to face it. We have our wonderful lake right here." I stand up. I then stand in front of him and take both of this arms making him stand. I stand to back into the water and Percy keeps contact with my eyes. "You're the son of Poseidon, the God of the seas. Water is gentle but destructive. Wild yet calm. You are both of those, you are the wild in the water and the calm." The water was now up to our waist, but we were not wet.

"You are in control Percy, no one else."

Percy was smiling now, and giggles before pulling me under the water. "I'm in control, I can control the water."

Percy pulls me down to the bottom of the lake and creates an air bubble. "It has been a while since we have been down here."

"Its wonderful as always," I reply.

He smiles and sits down, I sit down next to him and lay my head on the shoulder, he in response puts his arm around my shoulders.

We stayed down there for a solid half an hour, sitting in silence, and watching the scenery.

"My father is calling me. It's time to leave." Percy claims, standing up and takes my hand helping me to my feet. "Thank you Wise Girl."

I feel myself smile, "You are very welcome Seaweed Brain."

Percy takes us up to the surface and we walk onto the land as dry as can be. We walk hand and hand, up to the strawberry fields. Poseidon was standing there.

"Hello son, um... we are waiting for your orders, this is the second group."

"Yes, sir I know it is. And yes I am a little late... Annabeth was helping me overcome a fear." He smiles at me and kisses my hand. "Let's get training shall we."

Everyone in Percy's training group agrees 's. So Percy takes charge, showing and teaching them everything.

I don't see the fear in his eyes, makes me so happy. Percy looks over at me and smiles for a moment. Then he stops moving, and his face turns into a horror.

"Stay away from her!" He shouts, running over to where I was sitting, as I feel something wrap around my neck.