Chapter 1

Flashback in Link's POV, sometime back.
"You can't keep away, can you?"
It sounded almost like a threat coming from someone so high in power.
"I'm sorry m'lady, but, I don't think I did anything wrong, if anything I saved-" Link tried to say
"No no, you have it wrong child, I am more than grateful for what you have done, I just don't know how to repay you this time around." Princess Zelda said in an apologetic tone.
"I don't need anything really." Link said.
Zelda sighed and put her hand gently on Link's head. She then looked up and snapped her fingers.
"I have just the thing!" Zelda exclaimed.
"A promise."
"What do you mean princess?" Link asked.
"If you were to ever marry and have a child, you are to have that child here, at my castle. Free of course!"
Free?? What is this some kind of bnb?? Also how specific! I thought. Man, the things I don't dare say...
"In this day and age, human life even when it's just born is regarded as close to nothing- no offense- if a commoner such as yourself were to have it." Zelda said. Link looked a bit offended and blushed. Okay, that was true. Although I hardly think I'd choose to have a kid in this universe anyway.
"That's why I would want you to have it here, I want you to be happy Link. People love to raid houses and kill pregnant women. You of all people should know." Zelda finished.
Link blushed at the thought of ever finding a person to love, and looked up at the princess.
"Thanks, I guess. I don't think I'll ever have children, but thank you. This is oddly specific and even worrying, but I guess that's our promise then." Link walked out the door and waved as fast as possible.
Zelda smiled and looked at her notebook that lay on the coffee table, not minding Link's ignorant exit. It read; "Step one complete. Ike x Link will prevail."
End of flashback
^^^^^^^

Modern time:
The food hall was packed with an air of curiosity as Captain Falcon had said there was to be an announcement. No one knew who had designated him the leader, it just felt right to everyone though. Roommates Pit and Link sat together. Over the years the two had become friends through fighting along side each other, against each other, and of course through rooming together.  Link and Pit had been roommates through thick and thin, and were practically inseparable.
Captain Falcon stalked into the room. His large booming voice filled the hall.
"LISTEN UP LADIES and gents- SMASH IS GETTING A DLC SO WE ARE CHANGING ROOM ARRANGEMENTS TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE NEW CHARACTERS. THE NEW ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE POSTED AT THE BRAWL DOOR TOMORROW, WE EXPECT YOU TO PACK UP YOUR THINGS BY TONIGHT. ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME." Contrary to that statement, the only one who knows where Captain Falcon is most of the time is Captain Falcon.
Everyone present groaned and  quickly finished their meals before heading to their rooms to pack and such.

^^^^^^^

LINK POV
I felt sad walking to my room this evening. I was going to miss having Pitto as a roommate. When I opened the door, Pit was packing his things and looked the same as I did.
"Link! I don't wanna!" The winged child said while running towards me and giving a bear hug.
"I don't want to either, but, orders are orders kiddo Pitto. Plus it's not like we won't see each other again."
Pit sighed and turned on the TV on the other side of the room.
"Fuck it we're having a Naruto marathon tonight." Pit said looking me right in the eye.
"Sounds like a plan- hey shouldn't we pack?" I said suddenly.
He just ignored me. I began to go through the motions of collecting and packing everything I owned, not knowing what to expect for the future. Life was normal, I didn't expect it to change. Sorry Zeldy, it just isn't happening in this lifetime.
^^^^^^^

I just had to edit this, it was bad y'all. I mean it's still bad but it's better!! Anyway I'll be editing and writing more of this in the future!! -Nepheneee