Chapter Five: New (Part 1)

I arrived to a new place. What year am in? 2015! I looked at my hand, and I saw the pill. Oh my goodness! I popped the pill into my mouth. Wait! Why would I even need to take it? I'm not at home, but it's too late. I already took it. I looked through my backpack and saw a note.

Go to a motel to spend the night, then find an apartment.
                                                                                                              - mom and dad

I looked around to find a motel. I finally found one a block away from where I was. I approached the small box office. I saw a nice lady at the office.

"Hi."

"Hey, sweetie. You just came from a mascara party?"

"Oh, yeah."

"How long will you be staying?"

"Just for tonight."

"Okay. That will be $10." I handed her a bill. "I said $10 not $20."

"Oh, I'm sorry didn't see that."

"It's okay. Room three is open."

"Thank you, miss."

"Your welcome." I went to the bed and began to cry. I can't believe they just did that to my mother. Did they do that to everyone else? What about baby James and Ryan? What happened to them? I finally went to sleep after all that crying. I woke up the next day. I opened up my backpack and began to read my file. It had an ID. My name is now Autumn Ryes. Wow! I can't even keep my name. I found another note.

There will be a nearby mall for you to by some new clothes. It it called the Shops at Montebello. Which is also known as the Montebello Mall. You're clothes will not fit in. So, buy your clothes first, then find a house.  - mom

I continued looking through the file. The file said:

Your mission is to find out, what went wrong in the pass.

I can't believe them. What if I have to stay in the past the rest of my life? I will never be able to see my parents ever again. I went to the lady.

"Thank you, once again."

"My pleasure."

"I have one question. Which was is the Montebello Mall?"

"Turn right here, and walk three blocks. It should be on your right."

"Thank you."

"You're a tourist. Huh?"

"Yeah." I had to lie. I can't compromise my mission. I took the directions she told. Sure enough, it was here. I walked in, and it was so beautiful. I saw these three girls talking to each other. They seemed okay. I walked up to them.

"Excuse me."

"What?"

"Xylan!"

"I'm sorry. I'm new here, and I'm afraid lost."

"Is that suppose to make us feel bad?"

"Lanie! I'm sorry she gets a little pushy at times."

"I'm trying to look for a clothing store."

L: I don't think you'll find any around here.

M: Lanie!

"It's okay, I don't want to cause any trouble. I'll find them on my own."

X: whatever.

I left the three girls. They seemed different.

* meanwhile, with the girls

M: Do you think?

X: No.

M: But, what if?

L: Oh, you know what...no.

M: You girls are no fun.

* back to Autumn

I went into this store named Boarders. I bought a few pair of shoes and a few beanies. I went to a store called for Forever 21 and bought a few spaghetti strap shirts and a few jean skirts. I went to a place called Bath and Body Workshop and bought different soaps and lotions. I went to a place called target and bought undergarments, paper, pens, socks, shampoo, conditioner, and food. . I went to a store called Apple. I got a phone called iPhone 5s. I then went to a store called Aéropostale. It was very pretty on the inside. I was looking around when they were making everyone leave. I was trying on a shirt so I couldn't just leave that would be considered stealing. I heard girls screaming left and right. I looked out the curtain, and saw some workers trying to pull some kid in.

"Is everyone out?" the kid said.

"Yeah, I think so," the worker said. I went out of the changing room.

"What the? I thought you said everyone was out."

"I'm sorry. I was just trying on a shirt. I'll leave."

"Wait! Do you know who I am?"

"I'm sorry, no."

"Cool. She's cool to stay." The workers then closed and locked the doors. "Hi, I'm Chandler Riggs."

"Hi, I'm Autumn Ryes."

"I've never heard that name before."

"Yeah, I know." We both laughed.

"Hey, do you need a lift?"

"Oh, no, I'm fine."

"Oh, well, here's my phone number. Call me when you want to hang out."

"Sure. Here's mine."

"Thanks. You're outfit is missing something."

"What?"

"Here," he said while taking off his flannel. I believe that's what they are called.

"Oh, no that's yours."

"I want to give it to you."

"Thank you."

"No, problem." He seemed nice. "Hey," he called a worker.

"Yes."

*******

TWDLover224 and xx_AverageFangirl_xx first chapter 😝

~ Sophia