:::CHAPTER 2:::

::Roc pov:: 

My buzzing alarm woke me up from my sleep. I saw my mom next to me slowly waking up as well. We had to sleep on a pallet at her abusive's boyfriends house. I got up and walked to my closet and grabed some overalls and a white long sleeve shirt under it. With some old jordans. I trudged to the bathroom and did my daily routine with our outdated sink and bathtub. I walked out the bathroom and got my bag and started my way out the door. I stopped and glanced back at my mom who was knocked out. I chuckled at the sight and headed downstairs seeing my mom's boyfriend, Tavious sleep on the couch with some prostitutes and beer bottles everywhere. Damn how I hate living with this nigga. The only reason why we moved in here was because we had no place to go. My dad had died and somebody hacked our bank account. Then we ended up in shelters. I hated jumping from place to place and not having a family like the people on Tv.

But all that changed when my mom and Tavious met.

I was only 7 years old, 2 years after my father had died. Tavious seemed like the loving man, any woman could ask for.

But he wasn't

Turns out he is just an abusive player that has us both on lock down ever since.

I walked out the front door, seeing the morning of southside L.A. I went to my bus stop, waiting for bus for a good 5 minutes. Then a big yellow bus started coming towards me. I heard loud and ghetto kids talking and laughing. But theres a good and a bad to this bus.
The good is that Lexi's stop is next. Bad thing is Ray and his gang messes with me. The bus stopped in front of me, as the doors flung open as I got on.

All eyes on me.

I sat in the first seat, hearing whispers about my clothes. I looked out the window and was just breaking down. I cried in the inside but blank on the outside.

We drove bout 6 blocks down. and arrived at Lexi's block. She had on some black booty shorts a tank top crop shirt that said love, some gold jewelry, her hair braid to the side with krinkles,and some Black jordans. She was beautiful. She got on the bus as everybody said hi to her. I waved at her. And she waved back. And mouthed hello to me then walked to the back where he boyfriend Ray was and sat down next to him.

::: Lexi's pov::: 

"Hey baby" he said, as he pecked my lips.

"Hi baby" I replied.

"I saw you out there being sexy as always."

I playfully pushed him and put his arms on my shoulders.

"Heyyy Lexi lex" Prod said. I waved to him. Prod is always so extra.

"Hey minime" prince said.

" Hey prince" I replied.

" Aye yall wanna see something funny"? Ray asked. Ray stood up. "AYE EVERYBODY!!!" Everybody looked to him and quieted down. " YALL SEE THAT FAGGOT UP THERE IN THE FRONT SEAT!!" he pointed to Roc. "LOOK AT THAT SHIT HE BE WEARING. NIGGA BE ON THAT LAME SHIT THOUGH.!!!!!"

Everyone laughed except me. I saw tears fill up in Roc's eyes. As he turned around and sat down.

"Ray why would you do that?!?" I asked. "Cause that nigga like you and he aint finna be talking to my girl." He said. I scoffed at him and put my earphones in and listened to music.

:::Roc's pov ::: 

I was depressed that ray humilated me in front of everyone one bus. I was ready to break down and cry. But that will show that he won. We stopped at a few more stops, then arrived at the school. I got off the bus and walked fast in this hellhole they call school. I went to my locker as first period was bout to start. I put my book bag in their and grabbed my books. Then the bell rang.