Battle-Alec

Ok guys I've had someone request another oneshot based on a song. They didn't specify what song so I chose to do a thousand years by Christina Perri. I DO take requests  in fact I love requests. So if you have a preference that you want or a oneshot send it in in either dm or the comments preferably dm, but whatever works. On with the book.
Song lyrics will be changed a bit and will be bolded.

Alec's pov
Heart beats fast. Colours and promises. 

The adrenaline pumps through my body. In the middle of the war I look around to see the colours swirling black fighting red. Two red one black. Three black one red. Everyone moving. In my mind I check off the promises I made. 1, to return to Y/n, 2, to return to my family, 3, to return to Jace, 4, to leave Sebastian to Clary and Jace, 5, to protect the ones I love.

How to be brave. How to love when I'm afraid... To fall.

 I remember the strikes and defenses to use. I remember all the battles and demons I've fought; but I can't seem to remember how to be brave. How can I be when the threat of dying is lurking at my shoulder at all times. I'm afraid to fall and die myself but I'm afraid even more for my family. 

But watching you stand alone. All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow. One step closer. 

Seeing y/n standing there in her fighting stance pulls me out of my thoughts. Rushing into battle thinking one step closer to the end with each foresaken I kill. 

Y/n p.o.v 

I have almost died everyday, waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid  I have fought for a thousand years. I'll fight for a thousand more. 

I think about Alec, Clary, Isabelle, and Jace going into battle and it scares me. I remember that they fought before I came and they'll keep fighting if I go. I remember before the battle Alec didn't want me to go and help fight and I reassured him. 

"Alec I'm over a thousand years old. This isn't my first battle and it sure as hell won't be my last one.