Treat you better Part 1- Alec

Important info: song lyrics will be bolded.
Y/n pov
 I won't lie to you. I know he's just not right for you. 

"Alec you're my best friend but he's my boyfriend and your parabatai." 

"Y/n, you know he doesn't really like you. He's just trying to make Clary jealous." 

"Goodbye Alec." You say as you walk out the door. 

"He isn't the right guy for you Y/n." He yells after you. You stop. 

You can tell me if I'm off. But I see it on your face. When you say that he's the one that you want. 

"Alec you are wrong and you have no place telling me who is right for me. He is the one that I am dating you have no say in who I date." 

  You're spending all your time in this wrong situation and anytime you want it to stop. 

"Who is the one you cry to when you miss your parents or when Jace does something wrong. Y/n can't you see that this is the wrong situation."

*Time skip*

   I know I can treat you better than he can and any girl like you deserves a gentleman. 

 "After you Y/n." Alec says as he opens the door to the Pandemonium club. 

"Thank you Alec." You say as you enter.  

"Remember everyone we have to act like we belong here. Grab a partner and get on the dance floor." Isabelle tells everyone. You turn to Jace to only see that he and Clary are already on the dance floor together. You breathe in sharply and turn to leave the club. 

"Y/n wait." 

"What Alec? Do you want to rub it in and say I told you so?" You ask him, wiping away tears. 

Tell me why are we wasting time on all your wasted crying. 

"I was going to ask you to dance." he tells you then grabs your hand and leads you to the dance floor. "Don't waste your tears on him Y/n he doesn't deserve them." 

 When you should be with me instead.

"Well Alec who should I waste them on?" You ask. 

"Me." He says under his breath. 

"Who?" You ask him.

 "No one Y/n. No one."

 I know I can treat you better. Better than he can. 

"You should be dating someone who won't make you cry. Someone who treats you better than him." Alec says. 

"May I cut in Alec?" Jace asks. Alec turns to you asking a silent question.

 "Actually Jace I'm quite happy dancing with Alec." You say. He is shocked.