Jace prompt for TotalBeanz

#25. I don't suppose you've got a blowtorch around here?

TotalBeanz

Jace's point of view

I wasn't surprised when Alec called me over. He was the head of the institute after all. He was the one who assigned the missions, but this mission was a surprising one. A vampire had somehow been able to walk in the daylight without getting burned. The only other vampire who was able to do that was Simon and that had happened when he drank my blood. 

"Apparently, according to our intel they made a ring that they call a daylight ring. They are made up of a lapis lazuli gemstone enchanted by a warlock. This vampire is killing out in the open during the day. Even the Clave believes this to be a mundane murderer." Alec gives Izzy and I the information when we approach. 

"So what exactly is our mission?" Izzy asks. "

Well it's to bring in the vampire for questioning. Nessa Vanchev of the New York clan. Jace knows who she is." Alec says. When we leave for the hunt we are quiet. No talking is involved. We spot Nessa in Central Park where there are plenty of tourists and plenty of hiding spaces. She bolts when she sees us. We look at each other then follow her through the streets of Manhattan. We find her in a mundane bar at a table of faeries. I walk up to the bartender and casual ask 

"I don't suppose you've got a blowtorch around here? Do you?" 

"I can check in the back but it is very unlikely." She said. When she returns she is holding a blowtorch. 

"Just take it outside please." She says kindly. 

"Thanks." I say before signalling Isabelle to get Nessa outside. We corner her in an abandoned alley. I hold up the blowtorch saying 

"Now you could either walk over there to the nice shadowhunter lady to be taken in the easy way. Or we can do this the hard way where you get a little more hurt." I say giving her a no brainer ultimatum. Unfortunately for her she chooses the second way turning towards me and baring her fangs. I start up the blowtorch and lunge toward her hand which causes her to run toward where Isabelle is standing and hits her with her silver whip. Nessa hisses with pain and Izzy wraps the whip around Nessa's wrists to reassemble handcuffs. We take her back to the institute.

 "Have we got anything out of her?" I ask. 

"Nothing. I'll let you know as soon as I find anything out." He says. And that was that.