Battle part 2- Alec

Alec's p.o.v
Time stands still beauty in all she is
For everyone else battles are a rush. Over in just mere minutes. For me this battle seems to go on forever. I look over to see Y/n fighting three forsaken. 

I will be brave. 

I won't be scared. Y/n clearly isn't scared. She isn't scared that her powers will run out. So I won't be scared that she will die.  

I will not let anything take away what's standing in front of me.  

I rush into battle to help her. She doesn't need it though.  I won't let  these forsaken kill her. 

Every breath Every hour has come to this. All of the hard work we put in. All of the time that passed. Finding the mortal cup. Rescuing Jocelyn Fray/Fairchild. Everything was leading to the defeat of Sebastian and Valentine.  

One step closer 

Everything we do.Every step we take to defeat Valentine and Sebastian is a step to saving         shadowhunters. 

I have almost died everyday, waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid I have fought for a thousand years. I'll fight for a thousand more. 

Y/n p.o.v

And all along I believed I would find you. 

I always knew I'd find someone. I just didn't think that it would be a puny shadowhunter. I thought that it would be someone who was as old as me. 

Time has brought your heart to me. 

It sounds cheesy but I knew eventually whether it be decades or centuries. I knew I'd find someone. 

I have fought for a thousand years. I'll fight for a thousand more. I remember before the battle Alec didn't want me to go and help fight and I reassured him. 

"Alec I'm over a thousand years old. This isn't my first battle and it sure as hell won't be my last one. "

One step closer, one step closer. 

We will always be one step closer to something new. A new year or a new decade or century. Today we fight to be a step closer to a world without Valentine and we will always be one step closer.