Jace prompt for ghita21

#8 "Do you trust me?" 

@ghita21

Your point of view

Today was your best friend Clary's birthday and you were going with her to our other friend Simon's band gig. Their band name has changed again and I can't even keep track anymore. So afterwards Clary spray paints the new name onto their van. While putting her spray paints away someone bumps into her. 

"Hey watch it." She exclaims. 

"You can see me?" The guy asks. 

"Yeah but you obviously didn't see me." She replies. He walks away after someone called his name. 

"Rude." She mutters. 

"Hey Clary who were you talking to?" Simon asks. 

"That guy over there. The one who bumped into Clary." I answer for her. 

"Y/n no one bumped into Clary. Maybe you're sick." He says. 

"Let's just go into the club." I say grabbing Clary and pushing your way in. 

We follow the guy and his friends past the curtain. I see them talking to a woman. Then all of a sudden the guy who walked into Clary pulls out what looks to be a sword. I launch myself in front of the woman when tentacles came out of her mouth. I stumbled backwards but caught myself just in time before falling. I reach down and pick up the sword that the guy dropped and watched as the boy was joined by his friends; a girl and a boy who looked to be siblings. They started fighting the demon and more joined the first one. I watched in shock as one fell forwards and was impaled with the sword I was holding in my hand. It exploded into dust which covered my hair. When the fight was over the trio left, leaving Clary and I standing there confused as to what just happened. 

"We have to go talk to my mom." She says turning to me as we break out of our trance. She checks her phone and sees 5 missed calls from her mom. She puts her voicemail on speaker to listen to it.  

"Clary, listen to me. Don't come home. Do you understand me Clary? Go to Simon's. Go straight to Simon's house and stay there until I can-" A noise in the background interrupted her: the sound of something falling, shattering, something heavy striking the floor-. 

"Mom!" Clary yells even though it's a voicemail.

"Just promise me you won't come home. Go to Simon's and call Luke- tell him that he's found me- I love you, Clary." The call ended. Jocelyn sounded terrified and I was scared for her. Clary runs out of Pandemonium. 

"Clary! Where are you going?" I yell running after her.

 "I'm going home. Somethings happening to my mom." She yells. 

"She specifically told you not to go home. Something dangerous is happening. Our best bet is to go to Simon's and call Luke, like your mom said." I yell back trying to reason with her. 

"Are you coming or not?" She asks. I guess I'm going with her. I run to catch up. She looks at me questioning if I'm coming. I nod.

 "Let's do this." She says. 

I look around once we enter and the house is a mess.

 "Mom?" Clary called out. 

"Mom are you here? It's Clary and Y/n." She yells out over and over searching the flat. There was clearly a struggle. Shelves knocked over and a vase lay shattered on the floor. The couch was misplaced and knick-knacks from the shelves lay broken on the floor. Except for one a long metal stick with a crystal on the end and engravings on the side. There was a ribbon tied on it labelled 'a stele for Clary', I assume her Mom was going to give it to her for her birthday. I picked it up and gently said to Clary.

 "I don't think she's here." I hand her the stele. She takes it and pockets it. We hear a noise from the kitchen and Clary runs there. That's when we see it. A long scaled creature that looked something like a cross between an alligator and a centipede.  It launched itself at Clary who grabbed something from her pocket, the stele I realize. she tries to stab it but it hits her on the shoulder with its tail. On the back is something like a stinger. Clary falls to the ground unconscious. I look around frantically for a weapon but don't see anything. I grab the stele hoping to stab it with the crystal. It lunges and I hold the stele out and look away. It hisses and I look down seeing it had been stabbed. It exploded into a million pieces and I fall to the ground shaking Clary. 

"That's not going to wake her." I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn and see the boy from Pandemonium. 

"She was stung by a ravener demon. She needs to go to the institute." He states.

 "No, she needs to go to the hospital. Who are you anyway?" I remark. 

"My name's Jace. Now do you trust me?" He asks. 

"Not particularly no. So far everytime I see you I've killed something. First a person now this....thing." I say. 

"Well trust me on this, a mundane hospital won't be able to save her but the institute can. I'll explain everything once she is safe." He says. He picks Clary up and starts to leave. I don't know what to do and he obviously has seen something like this before so I follow him.