Chapter One

Chapter One- Baz's POV

The sun set slowly on the horizon of Watford, and I couldn't help but smile around the grounds. Headmistress Bunce had created a school reuninon, and as top of my year, I had to come back.

Simon had been invited, too.

Simon didn't want to come back. This place had held terrible memories for him. He still had the nightmares. I told Simon he didn't have to come with, but he insisted.

Simon was wearing a plain blue t-shirt, and blue jeans. There were to holes in the back of his t-shirt where his wings were sticking out of. His jeans had a small hole in the backside, just large enough for his tail.

He wouldn't let go of my arm.

"Snow, are you alright?" I asked him gently.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he mumbled. I didn't believe him.

"Come on. I can take you back home. I would just have to come right back?" I urged. I didn't want him to be here if he didn't want to be.

"Baz. I want to be here. I'll be fine."

I gave him a skeptical look. He nodded slowly, looking unsure. I sighed softly. I grabbed his hand and we began to walk towards the mess hall.

We had both figured that Agatha wouldn't be here. She couldn't bear to go back for her final days of school. Why would she come here now? We were surprised to see her.

"Hey, Simon!" Agatha called. She turned to me. "Hello, Baz."

I waved. Simon nodded to her in acknowledgement.

"I wasn't expecting you to come?" Simon said. Agatha shrugged.

"I wasn't going to, but Watford was still my home for a really long time. I couldn't just not visit it for possibly the last time ever. I couldn't have that be my last time here." She replied.

Simon winced.

I pulled him into a tight hug, and Simon buried his face into my chest. Agatha sighed and waved, and I nodded a good-bye. She walked away.

"Do you want to find Bunce?" I asked him in a whisper.

He nodded slowly, and carefully pried himself from my chest. We started to walk around and search for Penelope Bunce.

On the way, we ran into Niall and Dev. I smile at them, and they force a small smile back.

"Still friends with Snow, I see." Niall points out. I nod.

They don't know about what happened. They don't know that Simon is powerless. Dev started to walk forward with a wave, running into an invisible force. Simon's wings.

Simon whined. "This is why I don't like There's nothing to see here..."

I laughed softly at him, and at Dev's face. He had a look of confusion on his face. He was rubbing his face where he hit Simon's wings.

"What did he just run into?" Niall asked.

"Wings," I replied.

"Wings?!" Dev asked incredulously.

"Wings." Simon said matter-of-factly.

Bunce came forward, waving. She swerved around where Simon's wings should be. She grinned at us.

"Can we show him?" She asked Simon and I. We both nodded.

"As you were."

She casts the spell onto Simon's wings. As they appear, Dev and Niall gasp softly.