Chapter Three

Baz's POV

Simon gently grabbed my freezing cold hand, and removed himself from my lap. I used his arm to pull myself up. We walked hand in hand through the large crowd of people, and out of the mess hall. Simon had his wings balled together to avoid crashing into people. His tail was wrapped around me.

"We should have Penny teach you that spell she always used before I moved out with her and in with you." Simon said jokingly. I nodded with a laugh.

Finally, we made it out of there. We walked down to the catacombs. There was luckily no one out on the grounds- most people were in the mess hall. Simon smiled at me the whole time. I was glad to see him so happy. It had been so long since I had seen him truly happy.

Simon opened up the catacombs for us, and I entered in front of him. The smell of the rats blood became overwhelming, and I entered much more quickly. Simon let go of my hand.

My fangs popped out and I attacked at the rats without hesitation. Simon watched from the door, shutting it so no one would see. I drained all the rats before I had become completely full. I wiped my mouth, and let my fangs disappear.

Simon had moved when I had been feeding. He was now standing beside the graves of Ebb, and the Mage. His eyes were welled with tears. He leaned down and put his hands on both.

"B-Baz?" He said quietly. His voice cracked.

"Yes, Simon?" I replied.

"I k-killed him. I-I killed the Mage."

"You didn't know that would happen, and neither did Penny." I replied softly, walking over to him slowly.

He began to cry softly. I listened as his quiet tears turned into loud sobs.

"Your okay. It's not your fault." I said softly.

I sat down beside him, and pulled him into a tight hug. He leaned into me as much as he could. I sighed softly.

"We can go home if you want to, Simon." I said gently. This time he nodded.

"Please, Baz. I can't do this anymore." He said in a whisper. I nodded.

"Can I do something first, Snow?" I asked him softly. He gave me a knowing look, and nodded.

I slowly let go of him, and stood up. I walked to where my mother's grave laid, and kneeled beside it. I closed my eyes for a moment, and sighed.

After a few minutes, I stood up with my eyes open, and walked back over to Simon. His eyes were closed, and his hands were back on the graves. I sighed.

"Simon, come on. Let's go tell Headmistress Bunce that we're leaving. We should tell Penny and Agatha as well."

Simon nodded, and shakily stood. I grabbed his hand, and he squeezed it tightly. I squeezed it back. We began to walk out of the catacombs, but not before the door swung open and revealed something Simon and I never thought we would see.