Chapter Fifteen

Baz's POV

I waited for Simon to respond, and when he didn't I started to get worried. He was usually quiet, but he hardly ever kept things from me. I grabbed for his hand, and held it tightly in my hand. Simon didn't react.

"What's wrong?" I asked him again.

His head tilted upwards as he looked me in the eyes. He held his arms out and slammed his body into mine in another hug. I hugged him back and gave him a look of worry. I let my question go, no matter how much I didn't want to. I figured that he wasn't planning on answering. I held him as close to me as I could manage.

"I tried to attack your dad, Baz... I'm so sorry." He said in a tone that sounded mostly like a whimper.

I had gotten the answer to the question. I pulled him off of me, and held his shoulders at an arm's length.

"It isn't your fault. Will you please quit beating yourself up for it?" I said in the sternest voice I could muster, still keeping it soft so that I didn't upset him anymore.

He nodded a little, and attempted to go back to hugging me. I sighed and dropped my arms to let him.

"Simon, you ready to go back to the house?" I asked him.

He nodded and pulled away from me. He grabbed for my hand, and when he had it in his, we started to walk home. He leaned against me as we walked out of the forest.

"I didn't mean to scare you either. You were upset, so I left you be." He said softly.

I nodded my head in understanding and gave him a small smile.

"You ready to move in together?" I asked him. He nodded.

"I just wish that I wasn't the reason that we had to move.."

"Simon, you aren't the reason that we have to move." I responded.

He looked at me uncertainly, and I sighed. We made it to the house and entered. The whole family had migrated back to the living room, and luckily everyone seemed to be pretending nothing happened. My dad pointed to a plate a food in his lap, and then to the dining room. I nodded a thanks, as I led Simon there, and grabbed him a plate.

"Thanks, Baz." Simon said quietly when he grabbed the plate. I gave him a small smile and nodded at him.

We brought the meal upstairs and into our room. Someone had come up to our room to pack for us. I wasn't sure who, until I saw the note that had been taped to one of the boxes.

I figured you would like some help with packing. We all love you both.
Love, Daphne.

Simon reached for the note in my hand. I handed it to him and let him read it. He gave me a small smile as he taped the note back onto the box. I returned the smile, and reached for my own plate of food that I had set on the floor beside the boxes. My fangs popped out, and I began to eat. Simon did the same.